Moving from club to igolf membership

Tefalman

Visit site
We’ve moved house. My partner and I were both members of our old club but now the membership has elapsed I’ve taken up a membership at a new club but my girlfriend just wants to join igolf. When trying to do this on my England golf it does not allow you and says you have to wait 6 months before doing so. Any ideas why?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We’ve moved house. My partner and I were both members of our old club but now the membership has elapsed I’ve taken up a membership at a new club but my girlfriend just wants to join igolf. When trying to do this on my England golf it does not allow you and says you have to wait 6 months before doing so. Any ideas why?
I believe it's been done to prevent folk 'jumping' from Club Membership to iGolf..... quite understandable really except, perhaps, in your case.
Clubs, wrongly I believe, have been terrified of this happening & EG have done their best to not aggravate this. Understandable really though IMO wrong!!

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I believe it's been done to prevent folk 'jumping' from Club Membership to iGolf..... quite understandable really except, perhaps, in your case.
Clubs, wrongly I believe, have been terrified of this happening & EG have done their best to not aggravate this. Understandable really though IMO wrong!!
Don't agree, SG introduced the same scheme (OpenPlay) without a single moment's consultation with golf clubs, having a cooling off period is absolutely the minimum they need to do

FWIW good to see most clubs in Scotland not accepting OpenPlay members into their Open comps. Makes the whole thing almost redundant.