Most expensive buggy hire ever

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would you expect someone to be disqualified if before the comp they went to the entry team and said I’ve taken banned lemsip today

I would expect them to be laughed at and told not to worry.

I would expect people to follow the rules, not agree to waive them because they have their own ideas of what the rules should be.

If you are a member of a club which rolls up to England golf, you have agreed to follow England golfs doping policy. You either follow their rules, or don't sign up to them in the first place.

England Golf said:
If you are a member of England Golf then the anti-doping rules apply to you, regardless of what level you participate at.

England Golf said:
What is Strict Liability? All athletes need to be aware of the principle of strict liability. This means that all athletes are solely responsible for any banned substance they use, attempt to use, or that is found in their system, regardless of how it got there and whether or not they had an intention to cheat. It is crucial that athletes check all medications are safe to take prior to use. Medications can be checked online via Global DRO. Athletes must undertake thorough internet research of any supplement products before use – including the name of the product and the ingredients/substances listed. Information revealed as a result should be further investigated and we advise athletes to keep evidence of their search.

Funny how sometimes we follow rules and sometimes we don't care about them. I would expect someone who complained about a van being in a parent a child bay to be laughed at, but there we go!

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would expect people to follow the rules, not agree to waive them because they have their own ideas of what the rules should be.

If you are a member of a club which rolls up to England golf, you have agreed to follow England golfs doping policy. You either follow their rules, or don't sign up to them in the first place.

Funny how sometimes we follow rules and sometimes we don't care about them. I would expect someone who complained about a van being in a parent a child bay to be laughed at, but there we go!

I don’t not follow the rules as I Am not a member of golf England. However I work for a company that randomly drug tests so stick to their rules as they actually are enforceable and important

If I was a club golfer I wouldn’t think twice before taking lemsip but I wouldn’t take steroids.. different levels

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don’t not follow the rules as I Am not a member of golf England. However I work for a company that randomly drug tests so stick to their rules as they actually are enforceable and important

If I was a club golfer I wouldn’t think twice before taking lemsip but I wouldn’t take steroids.. different levels

Non-club golfers playing with their mates can do what they like, gimmes, mulligans, snorting cocaine off the tee markers if they choose.

As we are talking about a club competition, the assumption is that the person is a club member.

If the club member hasn't read the anti-doping rules or chooses to ignore them, whether that is with the intention of gaining an advantage or not, the rules are clear that this is a violation. The penalties for such are enforceable and range from 2 year bans up to lifetime bans from competing.
There are no levels of substances in the anti-doping rules, beyond those substances that are banned only in competition and substances that are banned even out of competition.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Non-club golfers playing with their mates can do what they like, gimmes, mulligans, snorting cocaine off the tee markers if they choose.

As we are talking about a club competition, the assumption is that the person is a club member.

If the club member hasn't read the anti-doping rules or chooses to ignore them, whether that is with the intention of gaining an advantage or not, the rules are clear that this is a violation. The penalties for such are enforceable and range from 2 year bans up to lifetime bans from competing.
There are no levels of substances in the anti-doping rules, beyond those substances that are banned only in competition and substances that are banned even out of competition.

I think you will find many people have unknowingly been foul of this rule for many years as I doubt anyone actually checks the drugs the drs give them considering we are not professional athletes

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think you will find many people have unknowingly been foul of this rule for many years as I doubt anyone actually checks the drugs the drs give them considering we are not professional athletes

I would bet my mortgage that this is true. Doesn't change the fact they broke the rules, irrespective of whether they got away with it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would bet my mortgage that this is true. Doesn't change the fact they broke the rules, irrespective of whether they got away with it.

However many if not all of these people are some of the most honest and rule upholding people about are they not?

It seems blooming stupid to make them all cheaters but a rule that will never be enforced

D

Deleted Member 1156

You are blowing this way out of proportion. We are recreational golfers playing for fun not professional athletes.

D

Deleted member 25172

You are blowing this way out of proportion. We are recreational golfers playing for fun not professional athletes.

There's no issue to small on this forum to blow way out of proportion. Every possible angle needs to be addressed and scrutinized to see if it is in line with rules and regulations and it has to be done in the most serious way.

It's comical actually.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
However many if not all of these people are some of the most honest and rule upholding people about are they not?

It seems blooming stupid to make them all cheaters but a rule that will never be enforced

I didn't make the rules, I don't say whether I agree with them or not, I am just telling you what they are.

If you don't adhere to all the rules of golf that you agreed to, how do you decide which ones you bother with?

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site

But the Anti-doping rules do not apply to club golfers.
They are only for the elite amateur events organised by England Golf. As per the PDF on their website:

"1.2.1 For the purposes of Anti-Doping Control, these Rules shall apply to: a. the following persons (“Players”):
i. Any person who is a member of any England Golf squad and any other person selected to represent England at International Events. (“Elite Amateur National Players”); and
ii. Any person playing in any of the following National Scratch Competitions: The English Boys’ Under 14 Open Amateur Stroke Play Championships. The English Boys’ Under 16 Open Amateur Stroke Play Championships. The English Boys’ Under 18 Open Amateur Stroke Play Championships. The English Men’s Open Amateur Stroke Play Championship. The English Men’s Seniors’ Open Amateur Championship English Men’s Amateur Championship, The English Men’s Open Mid-Amateur Championship;

iii Any person playing in any of the following National Scratch Competitions: The English Girls’ Under 13 Amateur Championship. The English Girls’ Under 15 Amateur Championship. The English Girls’ Under 18 Amateur Championship. The English Ladies’ Close Amateur Championship. England Golf Anti-Doping Regulations. Approved 23 December 2015 The English Ladies’ Open Amateur Stroke Play Championship. The English Women Seniors’ Amateur Championship. The English Women Seniors’ open stroke play Championship. The English Women’s Open Mid-Amateur Championship Also, any golfer competing in an Event or Competition organised, convened or recognised by England Golf. "

So not your local's monthly medal.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I didn't make the rules, I don't say whether I agree with them or not, I am just telling you what they are.

If you don't adhere to all the rules of golf that you agreed to, how do you decide which ones you bother with?
Make sure you don't enter the competition this weekend if you've taken any Night Nurse in the last 6 months 👍

D

Deleted Member 1156

They are only for the elite amateur events organised by England Golf. As per the PDF on their website:

"1.2.1 For the purposes of Anti-Doping Control, these Rules shall apply to: a. the following persons (“Players”):
i. Any person who is a member of any England Golf squad and any other person selected to represent England at International Events. (“Elite Amateur National Players”); and
ii. Any person playing in any of the following National Scratch Competitions: The English Boys’ Under 14 Open Amateur Stroke Play Championships. The English Boys’ Under 16 Open Amateur Stroke Play Championships. The English Boys’ Under 18 Open Amateur Stroke Play Championships. The English Men’s Open Amateur Stroke Play Championship. The English Men’s Seniors’ Open Amateur Championship English Men’s Amateur Championship, The English Men’s Open Mid-Amateur Championship;

iii Any person playing in any of the following National Scratch Competitions: The English Girls’ Under 13 Amateur Championship. The English Girls’ Under 15 Amateur Championship. The English Girls’ Under 18 Amateur Championship. The English Ladies’ Close Amateur Championship. England Golf Anti-Doping Regulations. Approved 23 December 2015 The English Ladies’ Open Amateur Stroke Play Championship. The English Women Seniors’ Amateur Championship. The English Women Seniors’ open stroke play Championship. The English Women’s Open Mid-Amateur Championship Also, any golfer competing in an Event or Competition organised, convened or recognised by England Golf. "

OMG.... I've played in some of those events, I probably had paracetamol in my bag! Should I contact England Golf and retrospectively disqualify myself? :eek:

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Can you share the link?
That's not the same pdf I linked to, so interested to see it.

What rules are being referred to though? I am aware that doping control (another word for testing) is only administered at elite level, but the rules about substances still apply to lower levels, but work on trust rather than testing, due to cost and administrative hassle.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can you share the link?
That's not the same pdf I linked to, so interested to see it.

What rules are being referred to though? I am aware that doping control (another word for testing) is only administered at elite level, but the rules about substances still apply to lower levels, but work on trust rather than testing, due to cost and administrative hassle.

https://www.englandgolf.org/download/anti-doping-rules/

Page 9 show's all the events that would be covered.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Make sure you don't enter the competition this weekend if you've taken any Night Nurse in the last 6 months 👍

If you disagree with the rules, contact England golf and try get them changed. Why mock me, just for pointing them out?

You still never answered how you decided which rules you follow?
It's easy to say common sense, but then everything becomes a grey area. RUles for sport are a lot easier when they are black and white, even if this is unpopular.

D

Deleted member 15344

Anti doping rules in regards some controlled substances only apply to specific levels in the sports

Club golfers playing recreational don’t come under the strict doping regs - same with certain levels of football and rugby etc

As soon as my wife for example moved up to play National League Hockey she then had to comply with the doping list - lemsip is fine but certain Beachams and Sudafed etc is on the banned list and when she got painkillers she had to declare them before each match etc

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anti doping rules in regards some controlled substances only apply to specific levels in the sports

Club golfers playing recreational don’t come under the strict doping regs - same with certain levels of football and rugby etc

As soon as my wife for example moved up to play National League Hockey she then had to comply with the doping list - lemsip is fine but certain Beachams and Sudafed etc is on the banned list and when she got painkillers she had to declare them before each match etc

The rules usually apply to everyone, but people are only tested at higher levels.

In practice, it means what you say is true, but in principle, it is not.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That's labelled 2015 version. The one I linked is 2016 version, so presumably, the newer version supercedes.

No, the one I posted is the actual rules for England Golf regarding Anti-doping and who it effects.

The one you linked to is just the guidance for anti-doping. It doesn't supersede the rules (which if you type in anti-doping on the England Golf website, pops up top of the list)

D

Deleted member 25172

If you disagree with the rules, contact England golf and try get them changed. Why mock me, just for pointing them out?

You still never answered how you decided which rules you follow?
It's easy to say common sense, but then everything becomes a grey area. RUles for sport are a lot easier when they are black and white, even if this is unpopular.

I believe you're being "mocked" cause you seem to take the stance that if someone of your playing partners and/or opponents would be "caught" taking a Lemsip you'd raise that and report it. Cause he's breaking the rules, and that we cannot have...