Most expensive buggy hire ever

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No, the one I posted is the actual rules for England Golf regarding Anti-doping and who it effects.

The one you linked to is just the guidance for how those players are effected.

You are right.

Having re-read it, my understanding is the list of limitations you post apply to doping control (testing) but the use of prohibited substances is still banned at all levels, just not policed or tested for.

D

Deleted Member 1156

If you disagree with the rules, contact England golf and try get them changed. Why mock me, just for pointing them out?

You still never answered how you decided which rules you follow?
It's easy to say common sense, but then everything becomes a grey area. RUles for sport are a lot easier when they are black and white, even if this is unpopular.
OK, thanks for pointing out the rules. There is a stableford on at my club this weekend which I'm planning to enter. I'll check with the general manager on the club's anti doping policy before I put my name down. Hopefully I'm clean because I certainly don't want to be labelled a cheat!

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I believe you're being "mocked" cause you seem to take the stance that if someone of your playing partners and/or opponents would be "caught" taking a Lemsip you'd raise that and report it. Cause he's breaking the rules, and that we cannot have...

Where did I say I'd report it?
I joked with a smiley and even said I was being facetious.

I do think the topic of doping is a serious issue in sports, though not necessarily at club level in golf.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
OK, thanks for pointing out the rules. There is a stableford on at my club this weekend which I'm planning to enter. I'll check with the general manager on the club's anti doping policy before I put my name down. Hopefully I'm clean because I certainly don't want to be labelled a cheat!

Same. I better contact UKADA and get a theraputic use exemption for the prescribed corticosteroids I'm on, don't want to be randomly drug tested after finishing my round on Saturday and be accused of cheating.

D

Deleted member 25172

Where did I say I'd report it?
I joked with a smiley and even said I was being facetious.

I do think the topic of doping is a serious issue in sports, though not necessarily at club level in golf.

You didn't say it. It was an assumption from me based on what you've written in this thread in the follow up to the first post. I don't know how to add all the previous posts so I've just copied and pasted below.

Perhaps it's simply a misunderstanding from my side, or it could be that you weren't very clear in what you wanted to say.

No matter what, I believe we all have better things to do than to drag this on. :)

---------

"If you disagree with the rules, contact England golf and try get them changed. Why mock me, just for pointing them out?

It's easy to say common sense, but then everything becomes a grey area. RUles for sport are a lot easier when they are black and white, even if this is unpopular."

-----------------------------------

"I didn't make the rules, I don't say whether I agree with them or not, I am just telling you what they are.

If you don't adhere to all the rules of golf that you agreed to, how do you decide which ones you bother with?"

------------------------------------------------------

"I would expect people to follow the rules, not agree to waive them because they have their own ideas of what the rules should be.

If you are a member of a club which rolls up to England golf, you have agreed to follow England golfs doping policy. You either follow their rules, or don't sign up to them in the first place."

--------------------------------------------

"Funny how sometimes we follow rules and sometimes we don't care about them."

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You didn't say it. It was an assumption from me based on what you've written in this thread in the follow up to the first post. I don't know how to add all the previous posts so I've just copied and pasted below.

Perhaps it's simply a misunderstanding from my side, or it could be that you weren't very clear in what you wanted to say.

No matter what, I believe we all have better things to do than to drag this on. :)

---------

"If you disagree with the rules, contact England golf and try get them changed. Why mock me, just for pointing them out?

It's easy to say common sense, but then everything becomes a grey area. RUles for sport are a lot easier when they are black and white, even if this is unpopular."

-----------------------------------

"I didn't make the rules, I don't say whether I agree with them or not, I am just telling you what they are.

If you don't adhere to all the rules of golf that you agreed to, how do you decide which ones you bother with?"

------------------------------------------------------

"I would expect people to follow the rules, not agree to waive them because they have their own ideas of what the rules should be.

If you are a member of a club which rolls up to England golf, you have agreed to follow England golfs doping policy. You either follow their rules, or don't sign up to them in the first place."

--------------------------------------------

"Funny how sometimes we follow rules and sometimes we don't care about them."

I meant exactly what I said, If I voluntarily sign up to some rules, I would follow them and expect others to do the same. However, I generally (maybe naively) trust others to do this, I don't investigate, or enforce the rules personally. I don't really see how this could be considered an unreasonable position.

I am fine to leave it there, as clearly this is a topic where people have already set their opinions, but I am still unclear as to how you decide which rules to bother with.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
OMG, This is priceless! People actually pointing out drug rules (lemsip for Christs sake)!! to recreational golfers!!

You couldnt make it up, some people just arent very good at, well, life it seems!

This place does make me laugh, you cant fail to get a holier than thou attitude on pretty much any subject :-D

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
OMG, This is priceless! People actually pointing out drug rules (lemsip for Christs sake)!! to recreational golfers!!

You couldnt make it up, some people just arent very good at, well, life it seems!

This place does make me laugh, you cant fail to get a holier than thou attitude on pretty much any subject :-D

At what level of competition do you consider rule breaking to be an offence then?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
As a recreational golfer it's not something I even have to think about, and nor should it.

The should or shouldn't isn't what I asked you. I asked at what level of competition you wouldn't (hypothetically) break a rule regarding the use of banned substances?

D

Deleted member 25172

*At the bar in the golf club*

- Where were you in last week's medal? Surprised as you always turn up.

- Sorry, but I had a Lemsip the night before.

- What?

- I said, I had a Lemsip the night before.

- Yes, I understand and know what a Lemsip is, but you felt so sick that you couldn't play the next day then you mean?

- No.

- So why didn't you play?

- I've told you twice already - I TOOK A LEMSIP THE NIGHT BEFORE!!!

- AND I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU DIDN'T PLAY THE NEXT DAY IF YOU DIDN'T FEEL SICK!

- Cause it's an illegal substance and I'm no cheat.

- Oh, ok.

Said no recreational golfer. Ever.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How long does Lemsip stay in the system? I don't want to risk breaking the rules by competing with picograms of Lemsip metabolite in my system.

I think if you give it 6-8 months your fine but just have a blood wash out to avoid any issues

D

Deleted Member 1156

How long does Lemsip stay in the system? I don't want to risk breaking the rules by competing with picograms of Lemsip metabolite in my system.
Sorry to break this to you but you probably won't be able to play bowls either :cry: