Monthly poll 1 - how many wedges do you currently carry?

How many wedges do you usually carry?

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 20 11.9%

Votes: 67 39.9%

Votes: 77 45.8%

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Never really counted my pitching wedge as a wedge :mad:

So I have 3 :D.....
Voted 4 as I counted my pitching WEDGE :whoo:

46, 50, 54 & 58

I prefer to call them my SCORING CLUBS... or SURGEONS TOOLS :thup:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I put 4 if I count my Razr PW but I don't really think of it as a wedge except by name as it doesn't have the flexability of a true wedge due to the thick sole.

In that case I've got 45* PW, 48*, 54* and a 60*.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Currently have 4 , pw (no idea of bouce or loft) 58* & a 64* lob (again no idea of the bounce) & the 56* cleveland that i won, i think its 12 or 14 bounce (does that sound right?)

dont know anything bout bounce , im forever opening & closing the faces, gripping up & down , so i guess im forever changing the lofts , guess the shots change alot depending on the conditions & the lie etc .. get the yardage to the flag then determine if i want it to stop or bounce & kick on (not that i can control this either ha)

So Why have i 4 ? because at the minute i have room for them , i probably wouldnt miss the 56 one bit but sure it mite aswell come along for the trip..

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As with a lot of iron sets these days, my PW is really a 9i in loft so I carry 4. The PW is 44 so I also carry a 50 gap wedge, a 54 SW and a 60 LW.

Similar story here also.

The PW I got with my Burners is a really nice club but equivalent of a 9i - full shot give me about 125 yards. The SW I got with the set does what it says on the tim - good out of sand but has such a wide sole it is a difficult club to use elsewhere. I added the 50 deg and 58 deg to give me a bit of flexibility round the greens. I have to say that the 50 deg is my most used club in the bag so very please to have it in there. Ther 58 deg I could do without but comes in handy some times.

Richmatt

Medal Winner
Visit site
I voted for 1 but i actually use 2, PW and SW, but going to buy a LW in the near future, I used to own 1 and it was the best club in my bag unless it had to get rid due to overusage.