Money well spent?

sneill

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ill soon be back from Afghanistan and wife has said I can treat myself to whatever I want. Only took up golf last year again after 10 years off. Playing off high handicap, and happy with what i got in my bag. So was thinking of booking myself on a golf school either 3 or 5 days. Never had any lessons before and was thinking this would be best way to improve game before finally joining a club next year. Id like to know whether this will be money well spent or if there is possibly a more rewarding way to spent my pocket money lol

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
a lot of what you should get out of such a school will depend on how good you were when you stopped 10 years ago, and how old you are.

better/younger should fast track your 'return', and provide an understanding of what to focus on going forwards.

worse/older and it will be more about providing a solid platform for both your future development and enjoyment.

sneill

Assistant Pro
Visit site
a lot of what you should get out of such a school will depend on how good you were when you stopped 10 years ago, and how old you are.

better/younger should fast track your 'return', and provide an understanding of what to focus on going forwards.

worse/older and it will be more about providing a solid platform for both your future development and enjoyment.

I should have mentioned im 27. and when i last played i had handicap of 18. I play about twice a week.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I should have mentioned im 27. and when i last played i had handicap of 18. I play about twice a week.

I have some sympathy with bobirdie's point - maybe the 3 days then pick up later with a few more structured (to your needs) lessons later on.

You should be back to 18 in the 3 days.

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi sneill.
Have i got this right?
You'll be back from Afghanistan soon.
Your wife says she'll treat you to anything you want.
You're thinking golf?
:whistle: