mobile phone network provider

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
MIL is due to go into hospital for a few days, hence looking to top up her pay as you go mobile. The only problem is that she hasnt used her phone in very long time. As she is house bound, it is all on whatsapp and wifi now. So it looks like it might have elapsed. For the life of me, i cant find the operator. Nothing evident on the sim. How do i top it up? a bit last minute (HID only realised it last night)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Does she have a standard answerphone from her provider?

EG/ "welcome to the o2 voicemail messaging service"

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Does she have a standard answerphone from her provider?

EG/ "welcome to the o2 voicemail messaging service"

It also should say somewhere on her phones home screen who her provider is, I believe they always have unless her phone is pre-2008 :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you check the log of recent calls and see if there's any 3-digit numbers on there?? As that's usually how you ring up your network I think. So it might be there from the last time she topped up, whenever that was. I honestly can't remember how top-up works it's been so long.

On my phone I just clicked on Settings > Connections > SIM Card manager and it says 'O2 UK' on there. So you could try something like that from the menu?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
When you know the phone number and data provider its simply just done online!

He just needs to work that out...

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tried her number on all the networks - EE, Voda, 3, O2... no one recoganises it. I am assuming payg number not used in over a year and so has expired.

I think a quick cheap off the peg sim only is the option.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most PAYG operators disconnect the number from their network if the phone isnt used for 3 months.
Well Virgin and Orange do anyway.