Mizuno JPX 850 driver testing opportunity... the magnificent 7 are...

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Me and pete are heading to Warrington on Saturday morn for a blast on a launch monitor. Will be nice to put it up against my 910 in numbers. My good drives are good but still prone to hooking. No different to any other driver Ä«n that department but that's down to the swing.

Fancy getting fitted soon too as I have never had the pleasure so it would be nice to see what the fuss is about.

Fitted a mid size trip and it feels great.

Edit - been it the bag since I've got it. Unlikely to come out of it unless someone else donates a £300+ driver :thup:

Can't wait to see this go on summer fairways. Seems so far away atm.

Last edited:

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven't hit it enough to know for sure. With any luck I'll get out over the weekend, if the snow melts. Failing that, my review will be based entirely on range sessions.

I don't hate it but I wouldn't say I love it either. As I said, I haven't hit it enough to form an opinion, and it has only hit range balls too.

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
Playing this weekend, new swing, new driver, maybe stretch to a new ball, see what comes of it. On the plus side I phoned the nearest Mizuno dealer and they're getting the full fitting cart hopefully next week so I'll be heading up for a play with some of the shaft options:thup:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hit this driver and 3w yesterday at Silvermere. Stock shaft and stock settings yet found it to be really good. Driver - Great sound, good balance, fantastic look, lovely Mizuno-type feel. Very impressed...but...

...the weights kept coming loose. Even after being tightened by the pro shop. Hit a few more and fine for a while, but then even more ratting. Turns out the weight had shattered, the pieces only held in by the masking tape! :eek:

3w was good, better feel than Titleist 915 but flight a bit high from stock settings.

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
me and liverbirdie went for a loft and setting fitting on flightscope yesterday. will get the full videos up tomorrow.

it was fun. we couldn't be any further apart in settings. we even warmed up with the wrong drivers to hilarious effect. (off camera) :mad:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
me and liverbirdie went for a loft and setting fitting on flightscope yesterday. will get the full videos up tomorrow.

it was fun. we couldn't be any further apart in settings. we even warmed up with the wrong drivers to hilarious effect. (off camera) :mad:

Where did u go for that Gaz????

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It was at true fit Warrington. Nice chap Dave did the fitting. Really enjoyed it. I will try and upload the videos now.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
taking an age uploading. videos are about 25mins each. should be ready by the time the next driver comes out. :rofl:

yesterday was just a session to find out what the optimal settings would be and if the shaft is suitable. it will be a couple of weeks till they have the full range of shafts available for a proper custom fit.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Get the vids up matey!!!!

Did they let you just pay for the use of the fitting bay? If so , how much was it if you don't mind me asking??

Reading the reviews it seems like the winners of this comp need the actual fitting to help get the right settings

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've pretty much decided to stick with my current driver but will be interesting to hear how you got on with the fitting. I still think there's more to come from this club with the optimum setting.

I hit a few shots with it on the course today alongside my other driver and it was respectable. It even out drove the X2 Hot, once, by about 2 yards....

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
havent seen anyone still raving after weeks with this driver after getting it for free- pity as it looks nice but theres obviously something lacking

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The videos take hours to upload. So far the intro is done and half of my fitting. I will post it as soon as possible. I will upload petes over night.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Get the vids up matey!!!!

Did they let you just pay for the use of the fitting bay? If so , how much was it if you don't mind me asking??

Reading the reviews it seems like the winners of this comp need the actual fitting to help get the right settings

Fitting is pretty much essential for this club. Without the numerical data it would be very easy to set the driver up completely wrong for yourself.

Before we went into the fitting we mixed up our drivers by mistake. Pete couldn't hit anything but low slices about head height. 7.5 degrees of loft and weight low and forward didn't work for him at all. He hit about 15 drives and couldn't work out what was wrong. :rofl:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are they loaded up yet.

How in depth was the fitting at TFG

We were there for 45 minutes each, and we checked against our old drivers, neutral settings then the recommended settings.

A normal fitting is about £25 for an hour iirc

I was fitted there in the past, and its a great set up. You not only have the flightscope, but as its a driving range, you can also see the proper full ball flight, which I like.