MISSING SCORES IN WHS

Mozza14

Visit site
What are Clubs doing about missing scores from player's records not picked up during the transition?

I and several friends are still missing scores following the transition process. From this small sample, it would therefore appear to be the tip of the iceberg.

Is there a way for Administrators to extract data from the source systems, HDID, V1 etc and do a compare to the WHS Portal? Possibly the CDH record but that begs the question why England Golf or equivalents weren't able to pick up the scores in the first place.

Looking for the easiest solutions for Clubs to get to an accurate starting point.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've had two situations where records from V1 never reached the CDH originally. They are in the V1 audit but were never in CDH it seems. As they would have affected the 8/20, EG said we should handball them into WHS. We did and it sorted it all out.

Mozza14

Visit site
We've had two situations where records from V1 never reached the CDH originally. They are in the V1 audit but were never in CDH it seems. As they would have affected the 8/20, EG said we should handball them into WHS. We did and it sorted it all out.

Thanks. I guess those examples will be typical of why they were not picked up. Did the Member highlight their omission or did you find them and how?

I have examined around half a dozen friends scores and found up to four missing scores from each of their records. If we have 450 members what is the shortcut to identifying and correcting all the errors?

Are you sure that there were only two errors within your Club?

Mozza14

Visit site
I notice there are loads missing from my last club, not surprised in the least. (not a comment on England golf or WHS by the way).

I think it's a widespread issue. With EG putting a disclaimer notice on our records, saying it is up to the Clubs, I want to know if anything will be done and if so, what is the easiest way for Clubs to check and resolve omissions.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
We have not found any missing scores other than initial cards for handicap. I've compared players records with our calendar of events and can find no issues.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As an issue for your Ordinary-Joe handicapper - how serious is it that some scores are missing?

So much is different about how we now have scores from many more rounds included in our 'handicap' calculation that I can see there being a transition period in any case once we get playing again and submitting scores for rounds in 'approved' competition.

Yes of course I can well see that if, say, 5 of my best 8 out of last 20 are missing, then my initial HI is going to be higher than it should be - but once I start submitting scores I can see it soon settling to around what it should have been from the outset. Indeed after the transition period it may be that my HI is nothing like my old CONGU handicap.

Just wondering whether I should even bother checking.

Clearly if there is a systematic issue for any club then that has to be addressed - but don't really see it as being that much of a concern for a few individuals at any club unless their HI is handful or more shots different from their old CONGU handicap.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks. I guess those examples will be typical of why they were not picked up. Did the Member highlight their omission or did you find them and how?

I have examined around half a dozen friends scores and found up to four missing scores from each of their records. If we have 450 members what is the shortcut to identifying and correcting all the errors?

Are you sure that there were only two errors within your Club?
We only found those because the players thought the new handicap was wrong.
However there were/are other types of error. Some still outstanding.
Wrong tees, Supplementary scores, pre WHS General Play Adjustments that we are aware of and have been reported to EG. I think there may be others.

Rather than trawl through everyone we are only looking at extreme differences and taking the lockdown window to wait for members to let us have their issues. County wide issues, I am simply referring to whs.support@englandgolf.org

D

Deleted member 3432

I have several scores missing so my HI was calculated on best 6 scores.

One of the best 6 reads as 80 whereas it should be 85 when 4 NR's on the card are taken into account. How can basic stuff like this be wrong?

Mozza14

Visit site
As an issue for your Ordinary-Joe handicapper - how serious is it that some scores are missing?

So much is different about how we now have scores from many more rounds included in our 'handicap' calculation that I can see there being a transition period in any case once we get playing again and submitting scores for rounds in 'approved' competition.

Yes of course I can well see that if, say, 5 of my best 8 out of last 20 are missing, then my initial HI is going to be higher than it should be - but once I start submitting scores I can see it soon settling to around what it should have been from the outset. Indeed after the transition period it may be that my HI is nothing like my old CONGU handicap.

Just wondering whether I should even bother checking.

Clearly if there is a systematic issue for any club then that has to be addressed - but don't really see it as being that much of a concern for a few individuals at any club unless their HI is handful or more shots different from their old CONGU handicap.

I take your point and it will depend on the extent of the numbers involved. The small sample I have done indicates we have an issue and I was trying to find out if there was an easy way to check.

Not being an administrator, I was asking the experts if they could easily retrieve the relevant data and compare?

e.g. last 20 scores from each system. HDID vs WHS.

I just think it is worth doing now before someone runs off with the prizes due to their best scores being omitted from their record, as an example, or others playing off too low because all their higher cards were missing.

Last edited:

Mozza14

Visit site
I have several scores missing so my HI was calculated on best 6 scores.

One of the best 6 reads as 80 whereas it should be 85 when 4 NR's on the card are taken into account. How can basic stuff like this be wrong?

Some of my friends examples were exactly like that. They had partial (less than 20 records) further reduced by missing scores. Certainly a material impact on them and not helping the credibility of the new system.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparently the individual ISVs are experiencing intermittent problems with either uploading or downloading data to/from the DotGolf system.

Mozza14

Visit site
We only found those because the players thought the new handicap was wrong.
However there were/are other types of error. Some still outstanding.
Wrong tees, Supplementary scores, pre WHS General Play Adjustments that we are aware of and have been reported to EG. I think there may be others.

Rather than trawl through everyone we are only looking at extreme differences and taking the lockdown window to wait for members to let us have their issues. County wide issues, I am simply referring to whs.support@englandgorglf.o

Our Club has taken my examples forward with whs support but not heard back yet. I was trying to avoid the trawl through and wondered if there was an easy way to do a compare and throw out a report of missing scores.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I take your point and it will depend on the extent of the numbers involved. The small sample I have done indicates we have an issue and I was trying to find out if there was an easy way to check.

Not being an administrator, I was asking the experts if they could easily retrieve the relevant data and compare?

e.g. last 20 scores from each system. HDID vs WHS.

I just think it is worth doing now before someone runs off with the prizes due to their best scores being omitted from their record, as an example.
I'm an honest sort of lad and if my HI was way higher than my CONGU handicap - I'd fess up if the club didn't spot it. But the club will surely be checking my CONGU against my WHS for significant deltas.

Anyway - given how precise (aka 'anal' :) ) we can all be about our application of the rules of the game, I can well understand why many of us want to be precise about the scores included in handicaps. It's just our nature - I get it ;)

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have one score missing because I had one hole NR in a medal. That score would result in a 0.7ish cut if included. Too much hassle reporting to club and following up on, it’ll right itself over time.