Mini Woodhall Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1147

You mean pulling the trip? Or was it a prank all along?

No idea. I've still got Sunningdale, Saunton, Rye and Woking this month, I'll survive!😁
No good course then?
🤣🤣

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah it beat you up a bit but loads of putts were missed especially with some of the tricky pins - just the 6 three putts for me and 5 on par 3’s 😂

Was good to see the rest of the game was close

D

Deleted member 1147

Yeah it beat you up a bit but loads of putts were missed especially with some of the tricky pins - just the 6 three putts for me and 5 on par 3’s 😂

Was good to see the rest of the game was close
Whenever I’m celebrating 5 footers dropping I know things ain’t going well on the greens

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a great weekend away. Fantastic to meet up with a great group of guys and play golf and consume too much alcohol, even if I slicked off at 1am and missed the puking and kebabs!

Woodhall is an amazing course and you should definitely play it, with the course renovations taking it to another level and the accommodating welcome from the club. Staying in Lincoln is a good option, as having stayed in Woodhall on all previous visits the town is nice but not too lively!

Roll on H4H and hopefully more forum meets if anyone is brave enough to take up the mantle. Glyn, Cam and Rich have spent weeks organising past events and people don’t realise the work involved. They are the stars of the forum and have put up with a lot of hassle getting events off the ground. We all met through the forum and enjoy meeting up in small or larger groups. Maybe others will step up to the plate and more friendships will be made? Simple formula, as we applied here: this is the deal pay now in full and you are in.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Please read carefully.

Thread reopened and moved to arrange a game, section

Those of you who didn’t go or who want to have a pop at those who did,
Just don’t post,

Those who did go, by all means post about your exploits, BUT be aware that many here (rightly or wrongly) view your group as a clique. At least that is the impression you are sending out.

So no jibes at those who didn’t go

The prank meet that was announced for 2024 for which several members signed up for in good faith was absolutely pathetic & unacceptable, it has achieved nothing but antagonism and has bought the forum into disrepute.

If there is ever any repeat of this, people can expect bans

I will be watching this thread closely and if it goes south it will be closed and the perps infracted

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
"The prank meet that was announced for 2024 for which several members signed up for in good faith was absolutely pathetic & unacceptable, it has achieved nothing but antagonism and has bought the forum into disrepute."

My view, not a criticism. A slight overeaction i feel. From the initial post it was clear that the meet was a prank as it referenced the decision to be accepted for the meet would be decided by the "whatsapp group". The thread has since been deleted so i'm shooting off memory here but There was no harm done and nobody suffered any financial loss. Anyone who feels antagonised by such thread needs to lighten up. Lets not squeeze the very last dregs of fun out of the forum guys.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My biggest concern was the totally un-called-for jibes regarding one gentleman's very colourful summery outfit.

Clothes prejudiced people - shocking behaviour. :rolleyes:

Respect the person's right to choose their appearance.
I had no problem with the outfit. In these difficult times with the cost of living crisis, some people will inevitably have to get dressed in the dark.

D

Deleted member 31467

From what I can see there has been quite a bit of hypocrisy here. Some of you arrange to meet up on a small local scale and don't open it up to the forum, looks like this was the same but on a bigger scale. So what. If there wasn't so much bitching and snide comments from people I'm sure you would have got an invite.
If you want to be part of a 'clique' and get included then play nice!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Only been on the forum just over two years.

Forumers invited to my club.
Treeseeker, Crow, Doublebogey7, Bdill93, GG26, Full_throttle and later this week Upsidedown

Forumers who have invited me to their club.
Crow, Doublegogey7, Full_throttle, Tonto, Jamesbrown and Bamberdele.

Others I have met at similar invitations or Arrange A Game.
Bigfoot, RichA and IanM.

Did not know any of these before joining the forum.
All very well-met fellows.
Thank you all.

Apologies to any who I have forgotten (wouldn't be the first time) - old-person-memory-failure is something I'm getting used to.

Arranging a game for forumers is alive and well in my little world. Hope it continues.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

From what I can see there has been quite a bit of hypocrisy here. Some of you arrange to meet up on a small local scale and don't open it up to the forum, looks like this was the same but on a bigger scale. So what. If there wasn't so much bitching and snide comments from people I'm sure you would have got an invite.
If you want to be part of a 'clique' and get included then play nice!

That’s summed it up very well 👏

Only been on the forum just over two years.

Forumers invited to my club.
Treeseeker, Crow, Doublebogey7, Bdill93, GG26, Full_throttle and later this week Upsidedown

Forumers who have invited me to their club.
Crow, Doublegogey7, Full_throttle, Tonto, Jamesbrown and Bamberdele.

Others I have met at similar invitations or Arrange A Game.
Bigfoot, RichA and IanM.

Did not know any of these before joining the forum.
All very well-met fellows.
Thank you all.

Apologies to any who I have forgotten (wouldn't be the first time) - old-person-memory-failure is something I'm getting used to.

Arranging a game for forumers is alive and well in my little world. Hope it continues.

There will always be the odd game around with people at their course etc

But what will prob no longer happen is the big meets

Over the years people have arranged

Scotland
Aberdeen trump
Kent
Outer Isles
Sunningdale twice

These meets attracted anywhere up to 60 people and I think more at times , it was a lot of work and at times a lot of hassle and some not too appreciative of the work that went on

It’s why what the smaller meets of 20 or so are being arranged now

It’s not a clique at all , it’s just a bunch of friends who have met from here and as mentioned if people didn’t react at times like they did towards people then they would be involved in it. There is also nothing stopping people starting a big meet up as I mentioned earlier. What prob didn’t help is when someone posted about sorting out a day at Sunningdale and people would have filled that up but then it was taken away when it was filled up by people from a club - guess that was a bit of a final straw.

Hopefully one day the forum can get to a place where a bigger meet can be held again

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Post-Covid, I think cost of greenfee, petrol and accommodation must have something to do with popularity/feasibility of these larger meets.
Its just a game of golf after all.
That can be enjoyable anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Post-Covid, I think cost of greenfee, petrol and accommodation must have something to do with popularity/feasibility of these larger meets.
Its just a game of golf after all.
That can be enjoyable anytime, anywhere, anyhow.
Agreed. Even if the organised meets were plentiful I doubt I could afford to go to many. I just commit to going to H4H each year since that feels like the 'main' one with the biggest number of people going. I'd only go to a smaller meet if it was local to me, hence I wouldn't need a hotel or anything.

D

Deleted member 15344

Anyway

For anyone who is looking to play Woodhall at a decent price then every year there is an open comp called the Lincolnshire Swing - they play Seacroft on the Monday a great underrated links then Blankney on the Tuesday which is a nice parkland course and then Woodhall on the Wednesday which is normally around £180

We have about 20 of us go from the club and then book a local hotel in Horncastle for £100 -

It’s superb value

Status
Not open for further replies.