Mini Woodhall Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1147

However it does make a lot of sense with some posts now 🤔🤣
Sounds like a great weekends golf btw, proper jealous, specially as OP promised me a game there a couple of years ago 😬🤣
Course was great, but hard as nails.
Today I more than doubled my front nine points from yesterday 🤣

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I do find it odd that something not arranged on the forum is then discussed on the same forum afterwards.

I don't find it odd at all.
I couldn't do this meet, but am glad to see so many really likeable guys in the photo that I've played with on other meets, and also in casual non meet rounds. They have had a real good time at a wonderful course I'm so happy for them. A lot of forum members have no idea just how difficult it is to put a meet together and I rarely see any of the newer forum members being willing to organise a meet, something many of us have done and over many years and friendships have been forged for years.

My first ever meet was more than 10 years ago, put together by the legend that is Smiffy - there aren't many newer members taking up the cudgel!

Teebs

Visit site
historically people have booked rounds privately, and then done right ups on here.
OK, that makes a little more sense. Still find it odd but that's my personal opinion. Looks like a great meet and Woodhall Spa is a great venue :cool:

D

Deleted member 15344

What a great weekend , amazingly the big oaf managed to do a decent job and sorted the weather out

Course was tough of the big boy tees on Saturday, Lincoln ladies were even tougher during the night , and another great day today

Weather was lovely, company even better , playing with loads of guys that I only met through the forum , it’s a shame that we are all so far away from each to do it more often but hopefully we will get it all sorted for next year.

And the disparing look from the forum swede

Attachments

• ba296b48-b6ac-44de-9459-dcc21ff27de4.jpeg
    ba296b48-b6ac-44de-9459-dcc21ff27de4.jpeg
    932.2 KB · Views: 50
D

Deleted member 15344

Presumably it was planned on What’s App, so why not keep the chat about it there? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mmm 🤔 - maybe you have forgetting already or lack awareness but didn’t you offer out a meet at Sunningdale only to then give the places to your club members when it was clear it that the meet would have been filled by guys from the forum

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
What a great weekend , amazingly the big oaf managed to do a decent job and sorted the weather out

Course was tough of the big boy tees on Saturday, Lincoln ladies were even tougher during the night , and another great day today

Weather was lovely, company even better , playing with loads of guys that I only met through the forum , it’s a shame that we are all so far away from each to do it more often but hopefully we will get it all sorted for next year.

The picture says it all… 😂

Glad you guys had a great couple days!

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

And that wasn’t even from when he hit the 8th green from the 7th tee

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
The course is so penal if you don’t make the fairway. Half the drives from the tips required carries that most of us could only dream of.

Then there’s the 18th par 5 which was playing 534 yds from where we were standing and Sir Cam drives one down the left side of the fairway and has a poultry 176yds to the pin. Out comes the 9iron and off out the back of the green 😂 a chip and a putt and 4points later and we didn’t hear the end of it for the next few rounds at the bar.

Honestly if that man had any idea where his ball was going he’d be a player! But alas, it’s Cam and our comedy event from the first hole was finding his ball 350yds in another post code.
Top course, lovely gents to play with and I’m fortunate and blessed I’ve got a good bunch of folks who I met through this very forum 10 years ago who I now call my friends (loosely 😉) but I do.
That’s what one of this forums strengths was, and got me hooked on golf. I’ve not been back on in umpteen years and that’s because it’s not what it once was.
Life’s short, live a little and find people you want to spend time with and crack on.

D

Deleted member 15344

Your lot are always moaning that you can't post about meets anymore as you're afraid who might come. Have as many little get togethers as you like, but the fact is you've only made a new topic about it to make a point. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sorry but it was all on “mates rates” - so I’m not sure if you would want to pay the green fee of £145 per round plus the hotel

D

Deleted member 15344

What's that got to do with anything? Of course I wouldn't have gone and never said I would.

So what exactly are you moaning about it 🤷‍♂️

For years plenty of forumers have met up for rounds or little trips away and then posted about it on here. That’s what normally happens when a bunch of guys meet up enough they get a good connection through golf

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ofc there is nothing wrong with meeting up with friends, regardless of where you met, to play golf.

the responses by grown ups when someone makes a comment

Ooo you have no friends
Ooo you wouldn't pay this amount of money

Then the little "prank" trip for 2024

What next? Ooo my dad's bigger than your dad stuff

Stay classy .. nice to see the clique is alive and well.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nope. Jacob saw less of the actual course than I did. 🤣

The loud shouting in Swedish was impressive- the shot that landed on the par 3 green ( from the par 4 ) made the ladies scatter 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.