Midweek Kent round - any suggestions?

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Hi All and happy new year!

I’m down in Kent in May and unusually, have the opportunity for a midweek round, which opens up a few courses that wouldn’t normally have visitors. Keen to hear any suggestions for courses, including hidden gems and anywhere particularly good value for money.

Of the top 100 courses, Royal St George’s and Royal Cinque Ports are probably a stretch and Littlestone don’t take visitors on a Thursday, but, had noted the following:

Knole Park - £100
Chart Hills - £100
Princes £135

Princes is very much at the top of the budget, but, as mentioned, I would love to know about any that might not necessarily have the ‘name’ or ‘top 100 prestige (and price!)’, but, are worth a look.

Thanks in advance :)

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
All three you’ve mentioned are good.
To add for consideration:
North Foreland if you want coastal.
Rye if you want a really special day ( I know it's Sussex, but it's next door and is amazing!).
Wildernesse if you want parkland.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Despite living 320 miles away, and having never been to Kent*, but having participated in the North Foreland thread I feel I can strongly recommend it.(y)

* I got off a ferry and drove through Kent once but that doesn't really count as a visit.

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
Rye looks incredible, though somewhat worrying no published green fees :ROFLMAO:
I’ll check out the others mentioned! Cheers

All three you’ve mentioned are good.
To add for consideration:
North Foreland if you want coastal.
Rye if you want a really special day ( I know it's Sussex, but it's next door and is amazing!).
Wildernesse if you want parkland.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
can't believe no one has mentioned the "jewel in the crown" of Kent golf............Royal Magpie

I you need/want some company then i am more than happy to pull a sicky from work and have a game

Newnsy

Visit site
Rye looks incredible, though somewhat worrying no published green fees :ROFLMAO:
I’ll check out the others mentioned! Cheers
Its pretty hard to get on a Rye without a member but it is amazing !!!!!!

Princes is great go there regularly and they usually come out with offers never paid over a £100 for a round
Littlestone is another good one maybe slightly cheaper than Princes
Deal and St Georges both on the pricey side but i'd say worth the money, and you can get on St Georges much cheaper during the winter months

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you like links, I'd go for Princes and aim to do a 27 hole day to play all three sets of 9, with lunch in between.

Working on the assumption RSG and RCP are too expensive, of course.

For inland, I've not played Chart Hills since the work was done on it. I'd certainly consider it, although I suspect better value might be available elsewhere.

Depends a bit on whether you're after something a bit special / different or not.

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
I’ll watch out for midweek deals at Princes, though slightly concerned given it’s around the May bank hol it’ll be a popular time! They do have a great winter stay and play deal, just a shame that ends in March.

Its pretty hard to get on a Rye without a member but it is amazing !!!!!!

Princes is great go there regularly and they usually come out with offers never paid over a £100 for a round
Littlestone is another good one maybe slightly cheaper than Princes
Deal and St Georges both on the pricey side but i'd say worth the money, and you can get on St Georges much cheaper during the winter months