Midlands forum link?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve booked one slot on each course.
Priory is parkland, hilly, slopey and makes for an interesting round. I’ve got that at 10.50am

Moorland is flatish, minimal trees, lined with tall grass but if straight very confidence boosting and good scores to be had. That’s booked for 9.50am

Your guys choice, either one is fine!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Tee time 10.50, I’d hope to be there about an hour earlier for a few smacks before. Don’t park opposite the hotel, there’s a car park further on closer to the first tees, Driving range is through the top car park on the right and a walk or drive on and has parking spaces. Tokens at the shop. 30 or 60. Putting green opposite pavillion/locker room - code is 4321.
Chance of thunderstorm on the met office 60% at 11 but looks okay for the day for now.
There is a bar of sorts to get coffee and breakfast rolls next to the golf shop and you can always try your luck for a free buffet one at the hotel. I’ve never failed yet at that but has been a couple of years.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Tee time 10.50, I’d hope to be there about an hour earlier for a few smacks before. Don’t park opposite the hotel, there’s a car park further on closer to the first tees, Driving range is through the top car park on the right and a walk or drive on and has parking spaces. Tokens at the shop. 30 or 60. Putting green opposite pavillion/locker room - code is 4321.
Chance of thunderstorm on the met office 60% at 11 but looks okay for the day for now.
There is a bar of sorts to get coffee and breakfast rolls next to the golf shop and you can always try your luck for a free buffet one at the hotel. I’ve never failed yet at that but has been a couple of years.
Free breckie? Sounds great, but how does that work exactly?
I fear that I would be politely shown a sign saying "No riff-raff" as it is a hotel.

Tonto

Visit site
I have a m& s towelling dressing gown which may help me pass as a guest ?
I aim to be there in plenty of time, traffic depending.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Free breckie? Sounds great, but how does that work exactly?
I fear that I would be politely shown a sign saying "No riff-raff" as it is a hotel.

Go into the bar next to the golf shop and follow the windy corridors and staircases past the pool and you’ll reach reception, double back on yourself down the stairs and you enter a restaurant of sorts where they should still do buffet breakfast. Just stroll in and help yourself. Staff never interested just used to wave us through. Plenty of golfers on stay and play so it’s not just corporate types. Outside there also doubles as a bar for scenic post round beverages.

Tonto

Visit site
Thoroughly enjoyed today, some interesting holes on the hilly Priory course.
Thanks to James for the invite, Alan for his excellent play in keeping the match alive, and Mike for winning enough holes to seal a 2&1 victory.
We should definitely get more of these organised.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Very interesting and very lovely course.
Thanks very much James - we might have done better if those other two had made more effort to get their handicaps down this year. ;) I love a good moan.:rolleyes:
2&1 loss wasn't bad after being 4-down earlier.
Enjoyed my birdie 4 on the last after the match was over. :giggle:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We have a team open at Kibworth on Saturday 24th, cost £25. Did anyone want to join to put in a team? There are only two time slots left at 7.10am or 2.30pm and so we would need to get in quick. Anyone interested?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
We have a team open at Kibworth on Saturday 24th, cost £25. Did anyone want to join to put in a team? There are only two time slots left at 7.10am or 2.30pm and so we would need to get in quick. Anyone interested?

Unfortunately I can't make that date, otherwise I'd have been there.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Hello fellow Midlander's

I had great fun last year in our few meet ups and thought we should try to arrange some more events in 2023.

Any fun events on the cards this year from anyone? My club really isn't anything worth inviting you all too - but It'd be good to get a round in somewhere!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hello fellow Midlander's

I had great fun last year in our few meet ups and thought we should try to arrange some more events in 2023.

Any fun events on the cards this year from anyone? My club really isn't anything worth inviting you all too - but It'd be good to get a round in somewhere!
If you steered it slightly south I'd be tempted to drive up and join you.