Mid Am Tour - Warning

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's set at 35 because that's when all the little wannabe pro's that play in scratch opens realise that golf is a game played for fun and they become more sociable on the course. Us oldies don't want to spend 8 hours with some bolshie little upstart :ROFLMAO:
yeah i fully get that, but then it should be capped at 50 because us non-coffin dodgers dont want to have to wait for you oldies to have a p!ss on every single tee!!

D

Deleted Member 1156

yeah i fully get that, but then it should be capped at 50 because us non-coffin dodgers dont want to have to wait for you oldies to have a p!ss on every single tee!!
When you're good enough for seniors events you should try entering a few. The top ones are dominated by plus 3 and 4 handicappers ;)

Visit site

If that happens and when you turn 50, your in no man's land until 55, unless they change the senior age from 55 to 50.

Visit site
It's set at 35 because that's when all the little wannabe pro's that play in scratch opens realise that golf is a game played for fun and they become more sociable on the course. Us oldies don't want to spend 8 hours with some bolshie little upstart :ROFLMAO:

For once, I agree with you. Since turning 50 my desire to play scratch comps dropped as I got fed up with the bolshy brats . Played a few Mid Am events but 36 in a day got the better of me. So no man's land it was/is till next year when I'm officially 55 and senior.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There is a strong will to relaunch the an over 35s tour afresh. This will have no connection with previous guise - new name, new person running it etc etc.

We are meeting on Monday to discuss - will hopefully be able to provide a positive update next week
Sounds promising. How many of you will be involved in the organising as it seems a big undertaking especially to get so many events lined up. Please feed back as I'm sure there will be a few on here interested in playing

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
sorry to sound dim, but what a mid am?

was a tour organised for those aged over 35 years, mainly for the low handicappers, usually 36 holes in a day and an order of merit for the year, came out of too many of the older golfers fed up of entering scratch comps and then being paired with 2 uncommunicative kids (who would also beat them lol)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I wouldn’t trust anything Jason says or has said, he gave me the runaround for months and reneged on his pledge and sponsorship of the 1st tee for the first Rickg Memorial Trophy Day last year.

Constant promises of money being sent and then nothing but more excuses, and that even included the poxy £40 entrance fee, and yet I would see him on FB sitting up until the early hours partying and boozing all the time.

Rick had many friends in the Mid-Am Tour and it was through those comps that some are now on here as forum members and attending meets all over the country, so for for him to then act in the manner that he did 12 months ago, which eventually forced me to remove him from the event and remove all acknowledgements towards the tour, I’m not surprised by this news.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I wouldn’t trust anything Jason says or has said, he gave me the runaround for months and reneged on his pledge and sponsorship of the 1st tee for the first Rickg Memorial Trophy Day last year.

Constant promises of money being sent and then nothing but more excuses, and that even included the poxy £40 entrance fee, and yet I would see him on FB sitting up until the early hours partying and boozing all the time.

Rick had many friends in the Mid-Am Tour and it was through those comps that some are now on here as forum members and attending meets all over the country, so for for him to then act in the manner that he did 12 months ago, which eventually forced me to remove him from the event and remove all acknowledgements towards the tour, I’m not surprised by this news.

I’d like to add, that the £200 that was pledged for the 1st tee was, as he declared, monies that had been collected by all the Mid-Am members for Rick and a year after he STILL had it apparently?

But with it never making it to my Just Giving site, I wonder what became of it :unsure:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I’d like to add, that the £200 that was pledged for the 1st tee was, as he declared, monies that had been collected by all the Mid-Am members for Rick and a year after he STILL had it apparently?

But with it never making it to my Just Giving site, I wonder what became of it :unsure:
What a knob and what a disservice to Rick

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Over 35 reason?

Logan Trophy & about 19 over 35 (mid am) events run by clubs.

The new tour will go ahead. I will share some details with all over next few days. It will include senior prizes and net (handicap limit likely to be 18)

If you want to receive details please do me your email addresses and I will add you to he information distribution list.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've been searching for some Mid Am tournaments to play in over the remainder of the season and this thread came up in a Google search, so thought I'd just add to it as it's fairly recent-ish with the same posters.

I've planned for the Middx Mid Am, Sandy Lodge, either Berkhamsted or Sunningdale, can anyone give either specific local-ish recommendations, or indeed pointers on host websites where a few might be listed please? (I found Golf Empire).

Many thanks.
Have you used the detailed search function on golfempire to really drill down? Most of the good ones are listed on that site.