"Flatcapper's" OOM update

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello all,[/FONT]

Just a few updates on the "Flatcapper's" OOM, as follows:-

I've received payment from nearly everyone, but I'll PM the 3 that haven't paid as yet.

After contacting Yerman, it has been agreed that for this year it's unfair to ask him to still be a captain, as he's having surgery. He's hoping to still play a few games later on in the year, but can't commit fully to the OOM, and especially as a captain. It would be unfair to ask him to sign people in, especially as he may not be playing himself. He has kindly still let us have his entry fee towards prizes, even though I offered it him back, and hopes to still see us at the finals day at Lee park. Well done, that man.

I looked into "day out" options including Wallasey, S and A, Ormskirk, Beau desert, Sandiway, St. Annes old links, Dunham Forest,Hesketh as well as a few others. None of them came back with "deals" for less than £50 and most were £70 plus. I have since contacted Qwerty and Louise, as their courses were next in line in the vote from memory. Louise has kindly offered to step in as a lady captain for Ellesmere, in place of Yerman, so we are back up to 6 courses now. Thanks, Louise.

We now have some people with 3 cards put in, and some like me, who have none. I was going to put one in at Preston, but due to playing with a non-OOmer, Greg asked me to leave it to another time. If we can make an effort in the next month or so to get cards in, it will help everyone, so we don't have to cram in towards the end. The next month has the longest days of the year, so after work games might be good, as long as ok with the captains at each particular course. I'm going to try to get 3 done in the next month. Also note that Karl as well as Junior can accompany people around Lymm, in case the other one is not available.

A special mention for Fish, who has to travel the furthest. Ideally, he would prefer to play two cards in 2 days and stay in a hotel for one night, so if people can help in doing this, it would be much appreciated.

The finals day at Lee park is confirmed as 2.30 on Saturday 7th September, price is £30 including a bowl of scouse. Birchy or Junior may be 50 points ahead by then, but there may still be a 3rd place to play for. Hopefully people can stay over, and have a good night in Liverpool. I'll look into hotel options nearer the date to try to get a good deal.

As we've had a few pull outs, the prize fund will change from originally mentioned, but not a lot. At the moment, we have 18 who have paid, 3 more to follow. I've half way through sorting the trophy out, but will get it sorted well in time.

Just remember:-

1. Played off 7/8th's handicap
2. No gimmees.
3. Declare your card with that course captain, before playing.

Enjoy your golf, and see you all again soon.:thup:

Peter

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So we are definitely doing Ellesmere now LB? Looks like I had better get moving and do some organising.

Any chance of playing this on Saturday 22nd June (PM) Louise so I can stop over night as I'm playing Davyhulme on Sunday morning?

Hmm, a night out in or around Manchester then lads :whistle: