Mesh wifi range

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi. How did you do this? I've done it by hard wiring the Sky Q boxes into my nodes and turning off the WiFi on the router and in the Sky Q boxes. I'm interested if there is an alternative solution.

I am using the sky router still obviously. I am allowing that to broadcast wifi on SKY9876xtz(whatever!).

The only things connected to that SSID are the 3 sky boxes (2 x mini). Then I have the Deco hard wired to the sky router and that is broadcasting 'Deco' wifi SSID. EVERYTHING else is connected to this.

It works well!!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I am using the sky router still obviously. I am allowing that to broadcast wifi on SKY9876xtz(whatever!).

The only things connected to that SSID are the 3 sky boxes (2 x mini). Then I have the Deco hard wired to the sky router and that is broadcasting 'Deco' wifi SSID. EVERYTHING else is connected to this.

It works well!!
Ah, interesting. I had looked at that, but I'd heard stories about Wi-Fi clashing. We tried that initially with the Sky Engineer, and with our house the Sky Q boxes don't seem to connect together as well. That is with the standard Sky Router, which struggles with getting the signal around the house. So in the end I disabled the Wi-Fi in the Sky Router and just went with the Deco.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah, interesting. I had looked at that, but I'd heard stories about Wi-Fi clashing. We tried that initially with the Sky Engineer, and with our house the Sky Q boxes don't seem to connect together as well. That is with the standard Sky Router, which struggles with getting the signal around the house. So in the end I disabled the Wi-Fi in the Sky Router and just went with the Deco.

forgot to say, stuck them on opposing channels!

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry to revisit this, but I am now in a position to get something to extend the wifi range at home.

In case I didn't explain it that well originally, we have a router connected to a fibre line in the living room at the front of our house. A Sky Q mini box is hardwired into that for the TV in that room. At the rear of the house (standard 4 bed detached size), we have a TV connected to the main Sky box, as the dish is also at the rear. We had some issues with Sky so they installed a booster in the front room but really that was for the mini box and has been superseded now its hard wired.

Wifi is Ok throughout the house for phones and laptops, but have just got a 4k firestick and that buffers quite a bit on the TV in the back room and sometimes the signal is "marginal." Was therefore looking at a range extender given it isn't practical to move the router more than a couple feet from its current location. and can't practically run a cable from the router to the back room.

Any recommendations (don't want to spend a fortune!). :) Would this type work
https://www.amazon.co.uk/RE300-Exte...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=