membership vs greenfees

newbhoy123

Medal Winner
Visit site
My club introduced a scheme for exisiting members feeling the pinch. They can reatin membership but lose voting rights and can pay 12 green fees at members guest rate per year. They can also play medal and stableford to keep their handicap active (has to come out of the 12 round quota) but can't pay honour board events.

I know a couple of guys who took it up when they lost their jobs so they could still keep the membership going and keep the swing ticking over a bit. Not a bad idea in my book

Brilliant idea by the committee, wish all committee's like them around the country were the same. I thought the old guard (you know the backwards type!) at any club would be against this type of membership but as someone else said a very forward thinking committee and fair play to them.

I think the chap needs to keep his membership at the club and maybe try and play a bit more in the summer months, can I ask can you really not get out at all in the summer evenings even for 6-9 holes or an hours practice, if you really try you'll get out more often and make your membership worthwhile.