Me head went.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
And I don't mind admitting it. Played in an 18 hole medal in a 3 ball. In front of us was three ladies and a Bloke. 2 hrs and 35 minutes for the front 9 holes. It was purgatory. Nigh on every hole we were either waiting on the tees or the fairways to approach the greens. There was not a sole in front of them. After nine holes I had had enough. I was marching into the club shop to have a moan and our club pro walks out with a customer. " heyup Tash you ok" he says. I had a rant re length of time. Customer says "2 hrs 35, I would of walked off". We got to the 10th and the fourball had gone in after nine. It just felt like the worlds problems had lifted off my shoulders. I smashed the back nine for 45, Tashyboy was in full flow but the front nine was 52, it got to me. Don't ask me why, but it proper got under my skin, never had it before and ave never swore so much before. The backlog behind us was shocking. The three ball behind us was stood on tees with us, waiting for us to tee off once the fourball had cleared greens.
back nine took 2 HR five mins.
Any advice on calming tash down should it happen again appreciated.
Rant over :rant:

D

Deleted member 15344

Did you ask to be let through ? If not why not ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
And I don't mind admitting it. Played in an 18 hole medal in a 3 ball. In front of us was three ladies and a Bloke. 2 hrs and 35 minutes for the front 9 holes. It was purgatory. Nigh on every hole we were either waiting on the tees or the fairways to approach the greens. There was not a sole in front of them. After nine holes I had had enough. I was marching into the club shop to have a moan and our club pro walks out with a customer. " heyup Tash you ok" he says. I had a rant re length of time. Customer says "2 hrs 35, I would of walked off". We got to the 10th and the fourball had gone in after nine. It just felt like the worlds problems had lifted off my shoulders. I smashed the back nine for 45, Tashyboy was in full flow but the front nine was 52, it got to me. Don't ask me why, but it proper got under my skin, never had it before and ave never swore so much before. The backlog behind us was shocking. The three ball behind us was stood on tees with us, waiting for us to tee off once the fourball had cleared greens.
back nine took 2 HR five mins.
Any advice on calming tash down should it happen again appreciated.
Rant over :rant:

I feel your pain, our club had a society nightmare last month. I went out at 1500 with the last of the second society slot having been at 1245. We had caught up after 7 holes! By the time we got to the 17th green there were 20poeple on the 18th tee!

needless to say a few emails have been exchanged and currently it seems like the marshalls are back to actually doing their job and enforcing rules.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Did you ask to be let through ? If not why not ?
We never got level with them Phil, closest we got was walking off a par five and they just walked off a par three tee. They were 50 yds in front.
waited on 1st green, 3rd green, fourth for bell, fourth green, fifth green, sixth fairway, sixth green. Seventh green, eighth fairway and green. Ninth fairway and green.
To be let through we would of had to walk up and ask to be let through. we would of been ok, but the three ball behind us. They were in the same boat. They were walking off the 7th tee as we were walking off the sixth green. We were still waiting on the 7th to tee off and the next three ball behind were stood with us for two mins waiting for the fourball to clear the seventh.

D

Deleted member 15344

We never got level with them Phil, closest we got was walking off a par five and they just walked off a par three tee. They were 50 yds in front.
waited on 1st green, 3rd green, fourth for bell, fourth green, fifth green, sixth fairway, sixth green. Seventh green, eighth fairway and green. Ninth fairway and green.
To be let through we would of had to walk up and ask to be let through. we would of been ok, but the three ball behind us. They were in the same boat. They were walking off the 7th tee as we were walking off the sixth green. We were still waiting on the 7th to tee off and the next three ball behind were stood with us for two mins waiting for the fourball to clear the seventh.

Then you walk up and ask them - was there no opportunity at all to ask them to either speed up or let groups through - just ask and then if they don’t you get names and raise it through the club - some people are oblivious to people behind them.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Then you walk up and ask them - was there no opportunity at all to ask them to either speed up or let groups through - just ask and then if they don’t you get names and raise it through the club - some people are oblivious to people behind them.

The way our course is set up on the front nine, you come off six, hook a left to play seven, eight comes back and you walk past the sixth green to get to the ninth. There were players, behind us on the eight fairway, eighth tee. seventh green, seventh tee, sixth green and players waiting to approach the sixth. I have made a note who they are so we dont book behind them again.
After the round I went in to see our club secretary re a golf day I have arranged for Friday with 52 pit lads. He told me he had been made aware of slow play before I had said owt. On a positive whilst waiting to approach the sixth some of our rough/nettles was being cut back and I had five minutes to find 11 balls.
Am sure I will meet slow play again, but I need some breathing exercises.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Being held up is crap especially when you are in a competition and I feel your pain, however was there any need to mention it was 3 ladies and a bloke, why didn't you just say a fourball?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being held up is crap especially when you are in a competition and I feel your pain, however was there any need to mention it was 3 ladies and a bloke, why didn't you just say a fourball?

Interesting! I’d attached zero significance to that as I read the thread. Just goes to show how different minds work differently.

I can see why you flag it though, and your challenge is reasonable. I certainly can’t rationalise it away.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Never forget Tash that under these circumstances, and only if it exists at your club as a local rule of course, you always have the option to go all Kendo Nagasaki on them with a flying dropkick to the oldest member of the group (regardless of gender)

More than just acting as a way of releasing the pent up frustration the outcome means at worst it is now reduced to a 3-ball who will play faster and at best the others in the group remain to provide support and medical assistance to the FC allowing you an opportunity to play through unimpeded

Can’t find it at the moment but I think the local rule is LR:16/2 with example text of ‘Where a player finds their front nine elapsed time has exceeded 2hrs 30 minutes any player in the delayed group bearing the moniker ‘Tashyboy’ can perform a 1970’s World of Sport wrestling move to the eldest offender of a group immediately in front, providing the sole intention of such a move is to finish their round before dark’

If your club doesn't have this local rule just chill and think of the above happening at other courses and it might cheer you up while you wait to play

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Its just ignorance.

Golf should never be more that 3 hours, 3.5 max. Sadly we get many ignorant, obnoxious people who will not just not allow faster groups through.

Tashyboy

Visit site

The reason I mentioned it Louise was because the ladies play off reds none of the tees leave no trouble off the tees. In essence they never looked for one lost ball. We looked for two.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Never forget Tash that under these circumstances, and only if it exists at your club as a local rule of course, you always have the option to go all Kendo Nagasaki on them with a flying dropkick to the oldest member of the group (regardless of gender)

More than just acting as a way of releasing the pent up frustration the outcome means at worst it is now reduced to a 3-ball who will play faster and at best the others in the group remain to provide support and medical assistance to the FC allowing you an opportunity to play through unimpeded

Can’t find it at the moment but I think the local rule is LR:16/2 with example text of ‘Where a player finds their front nine elapsed time has exceeded 2hrs 30 minutes any player in the delayed group bearing the moniker ‘Tashyboy’ can perform a 1970’s World of Sport wrestling move to the eldest offender of a group immediately in front, providing the sole intention of such a move is to finish their round before dark’

If your club doesn't have this local rule just chill and think of the above happening at other courses and it might cheer you up while you wait to play

😂Kendo nagasaki

D

Deleted member 23270

Maybe his point is that if it was 4 ladies they would have been much quicker?