Me head went.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Feel you pain m8. It's why I stopped playing weekend comps at Knebworth. I just couldn't cope with the pace of play. If you finished in 5h you'd done well :angry:

I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it does, I can't help it. So just don't put myself through the pain.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just chill and relax, you're not working, you're out in the fresh air, have a chat to the playing partners about anything that takes your mind off the group in front.

I play with Kraxx on a regular basis and he's a proper Tyrell Hatton, effing and blinding at his poor shots and if the group in front is playing slow and holding us up, the world may as well be coming to an end. This all used to get to me, I was in a similar boat to the OP, it would get me right wound up, but I figured after a while life is to short, and I wasn't playing to pay the mortgage. So the slow play and Kraxx's whinging make no odds to me now, it's all just white noise.

Also have you thought how you getting wound up is affecting your playing partners, your moaning and griping could be having an adverse affect on them.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just chill and relax, you're not working, you're out in the fresh air, have a chat to the playing partners about anything that takes your mind off the group in front.

I play with Kraxx on a regular basis and he's a proper Tyrell Hatton, effing and blinding at his poor shots and if the group in front is playing slow and holding us up, the world may as well be coming to an end. This all used to get to me, I was in a similar boat to the OP, it would get me right wound up, but I figured after a while life is to short, and I wasn't playing to pay the mortgage. So the slow play and Kraxx's whinging make no odds to me now, it's all just white noise.

Also have you thought how you getting wound up is affecting your playing partners, your moaning and griping could be having an adverse affect on them.

To be honest khamelion, your post has answered a lot of my questions inc the bit where I was a knob re how my PPs must of felt. Lost count the amount of times ave said " am playing rubbish but am not having a crap on the tight side of the belt" (a golf and pit terminology combined) I just never saw it like that. So tomorrow Tashyboy is gonna apologise to his PP for whinging and learn to breath. Cheers me man 😘
PS, I won me div after all me moaning 😖, if I coulda focused a bit more on the front nine, I would of had a cut. There must be a lesson learned in there.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To be honest khamelion, your post has answered a lot of my questions inc the bit where I was a knob re how my PPs must of felt. Lost count the amount of times ave said " am playing rubbish but am not having a crap on the tight side of the belt" (a golf and pit terminology combined) I just never saw it like that. So tomorrow Tashyboy is gonna apologise to his PP for whinging and learn to breath. Cheers me man 😘
PS, I won me div after all me moaning 😖, if I coulda focused a bit more on the front nine, I would of had a cut. There must be a lesson learned in there.

I think it's an easy option sometimes to simply blame pace of play when we are playing poorly. If there is a clear problem you needed to have communicated that to the offending group at some point especially as you were in a competition. That said, and others have alluded, it was a glorious day, so chill, enjoy being out, chat rubbish to the PP's and enjoy the day. As you proved once you concentrated on the back nine it clicked. I'm doing some stuff on improving my thinking on the course and dealing with bad play is part of that. So is not looking for the easy cop out

Tashyboy

Visit site
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that a three ball with a clear course in front took over two hours to play 9 holes.
Oddly enough both Trev and Melly who got a birdie on the front nine, am sure if they had both not shot a ten a piece on differant holes we might well of done. 😁

Tashyboy

Visit site
Just a quick update, had a natter with our club pro at the end of our round today. Told him thanks for trying to have a word with the fourball. He mentioned he obviously couldn't have a word with them as they went in after 9 holes. Anyway he said he had a look on the list of players re who they were and it was a fourball that normally plays on our par three. It was there first game on the full course. He said it was a bit bad planning letting them out when the course is at its busiest. As it happens glad I didn't have a word and put the frighteners on them for next time they play.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just a quick update, had a natter with our club pro at the end of our round today. Told him thanks for trying to have a word with the fourball. He mentioned he obviously couldn't have a word with them as they went in after 9 holes. Anyway he said he had a look on the list of players re who they were and it was a fourball that normally plays on our par three. It was there first game on the full course. He said it was a bit bad planning letting them out when the course is at its busiest. As it happens glad I didn't have a word and put the frighteners on them for next time they play.

At least the pro followed it up and you have a reason for why it happened. Now to get the mind stronger for the next time it occurs

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Khamelion hit the nail on the head. Ave retired, time to chill 👍

Nah...

Kendo_Nagasaki_1.jpg

You know you want to!
2mins with the scissors and you can enlarge the hole under you nose to pull the tash through

Tashy Nagasaki, it has a certain ring to it ;)