Maybe I've bought a new club !

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just back from a driver fitting

I walloped a Sim2, Titleist TS2, Callaway Epic Speed and a Cobra Radspeed. My own driver (Ping G400 had spin rates of less than 900 rpm on some hits) so it went 250 + but with very low launch, which is why I wanted to change it.

Anyway I ended up with the Cobra Radspeed with a Fujikura Motore X F3 60gram stiff shaft - let's hope the numbers are the same tomorrow as on the launch monitor and evidenced with the 3 drives off the first tee I did ??

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

I walloped a Sim2, Titleist TS2, Callaway Epic Speed and a Cobra Radspeed. My own driver (Ping G400 had spin rates of less than 900 rpm on some hits) so it went 250 + but with very low launch, which is why I wanted to change it.

Anyway I ended up with the Cobra Radspeed with a Fujikura Motore X F3 60gram stiff shaft - let's hope the numbers are the same tomorrow as on the launch monitor and evidenced with the 3 drives off the first tee I did ??

Good luck…never mind…. Buy it off you on Friday

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Good to see you out swinging a club, you were missed at FP

Hows the peepers?

Cheers Fragger.

It's Wet AMD and lucky its only been in one eye and the injections have certainly improved the likely outcome and the 4 weekly jab is now 10 weekly. Anyone over 50 can suffer with this and I'd certainly suggest looking up the symptoms, I read that 19m Americans suffer with it!

Sorry to have missed FP.

gopher99

Visit site

I went for a driver fitting also, and tried the same clubs as you. My issue was my Cobra speed zone was spinning too much, I ended up with a Sim 2 Kurokage silver 67gram stiff shaft.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Welcome to the dark side Chris, I can only assume you went with a stiff motore so you can double it up as a walking stick ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Welcome to the dark side Chris, I can only assume you went with a stiff motore so you can double it up as a walking stick ?

Its replacing a Hzrdus 76 gram poker in a Ping - that's a crutch if the Motore is a walking stick ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I went for a driver fitting also, and tried the same clubs as you. My issue was my Cobra speed zone was spinning too much, I ended up with a Sim 2 Kurokage silver 67gram stiff shaft.

In my case we had to increase the spin rate and although the Sim2 was ok it did nothing extra to the Cobra for me, which was spinning around 2,300 rpm

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Went for a similar test but new clubs couldn’t match the ping g400. Saves me a bit of cash!

It was never going to be the same for me as my G400 had a totally wrong shaft in it for an old man swing. The fitting process was all about whether a new club could perform better.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Agreed. We tried different shaft options but just couldn’t see a reason to change. I’ve a hairline crack in the face which was sort of pushing the decision but club seems to be working fine. Hope yours works well on course!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Callaway trial tomorrow.. but given my Rogue is looking a little tired I suspect it will lead to a purchase.
I need to increase my spin, so might yield a benefit over the Rogue given it was an eBay punt.

What was your feeling about the Callaway? Was it just average no stand out tendencies?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Nice- have to see it in action sometime? Maybe at Ashford in the upcoming weeks?