Masters 2020

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Someone has transposed Bryson's drives from the US Open, where he had a spread of 65 yards width, onto the Augusta course to see where those same drives would finish.

Needless to say, lump your money on him.
Saw that..he can get to within about 25 yards of the first green off the tee..and the wind is going to be in his favour too...

Ssshank

Visit site
Saw a bit of practice coverage yesterday - some parts were unrecognisable

Definitely, they've removed all of the ropes for those who are allowed to spectate as well.

Won't be the same, but I'm looking forward to it more than usual probably because the goat is defending.

sunshine

Visit site
I like BDC - anything different is fun.

Why the overwhelming hype though? Great player, hits the ball miles, but why is he that different to Rory, Brooks, DJ, etc. Is the extra 10-15 yards in front of those lot going to make much difference? The fact that he is still messing about with different drivers on the range just a day or two before the first round seems a bit strange to me...

The reason for the hype is that the extra distance is more like 40 yards, which makes a huge difference. That's the narrative at the moment, and BdC is feeding the story. We'll find out tomorrow if the alleged big hitting feats have been exaggerated.

Ssshank

Visit site
The reason for the hype is that the extra distance is more like 40 yards, which makes a huge difference. That's the narrative at the moment, and BdC is feeding the story. We'll find out tomorrow if the alleged big hitting feats have been exaggerated.

The strange thing is everyone seems to forget that he wasn't the longest during the US Open.

Speed/distance is great but you still need to chip/putt well.

If distance was the ultimate goal then why aren't long drivers dominating the Tour as far more money to be made?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Many are hoping Bryson rips Augusta to shreds..
Perversely, I tend to agree.
It will make the Rulemakers look harder and faster at what, if anything, they're going to do about the distance debate.
I suspect his groups are going to be sloooow as he may have to wait for people to get out of range.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got my Masters App and VPN all setup and ready to go, My Group is populated with my favourite players and I'm watching all the player interviews and all the far-too-twee promo videos.

Starting to feel a bit of the magic again now and looking forward to them teeing off tomorrow. :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My mate Paul Mayo as just WhatsApp'd me a photo of himself playing with "Jack" at the 1988 Masters... that's not a bad little memento to have is it? Not sure how to top that! :)
Sometimes you just have to say fair play and hold your hands up. You can't top that, unless Nicklaus, Watson and Player asked you to make up a 4 ball at St Andrews I suppose.

My wife and I were together with some of her friends a few years ago and one asked who is the most famous person you have met. Met is a bit strong but I had a passing encounter with Usain Bolt once. Feeling pretty pleased with myself I was about to recite my story when a lady retold how when she was a baby Muhammed Ali had come to Newcastle, her dad had known someone involved with the visit and there was a picture of Ali bouncing her as a baby on his knee. I didn't bother with my story :D

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My mate Paul Mayo as just WhatsApp'd me a photo of himself playing with "Jack" at the 1988 Masters... that's not a bad little memento to have is it? Not sure how to top that! :)
erm - I watched Jack Nicklaus do a short exhibition on the practice hole of Whitecraigs Golf Club back in 1983...hmmm - I watched from the pavement of the main road running alongside...not exactly Augusta...:)

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
That's the thing - is it actually 40 yards extra? Maybe on someone like Fitzpatrick, but I don't think it is the same sort of difference against Rory, DJ, etc.

Best of luck to him, but it would be hilarious if he now missed the cut.