MARMITE MURRAY

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a shame the rules don't allow a change of partner before a pairing have played a match. I'm free and happy to avoid the football!!

RichA

Visit site
Possibly. She's pretty flaky imho. I was just warming to her again after a few good performances. She shouldn't have agreed to play if remaining in the singles draw would have her let Andy and everyone down.

It's a real shame for everyone except Emma I guess. She looked all smiles heading for the practice courts with her dodgy wrist :(
Didn't he have a back operation recently and only pull out of the singles at the eleventh hour?
Why should she be responsible for carrying him through a couple of doubles matches and possibly jeopardising her own chances in the singles?

4LEX

Visit site
Didn't he have a back operation recently and only pull out of the singles at the eleventh hour?
Why should she be responsible for carrying him through a couple of doubles matches and possibly jeopardising her own chances in the singles?

She's got no chance in the singles. Will be out very soon moaning about something and changing coaches again.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

He only affected himself pulling out. Doubles is a team. She should have said no thanks from the get go imho.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As much as I wanted Andy to play, I totally understand why Emma pulled out.
I don't understand why she doesn't get more support in this country.
Because she has a foreign surname? I for one hope she does well. The thing with her playing with Murray is bizarre though - wasn’t it her who approached him a few days ago to suggest they play together?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think partly because most people really don't care about tennis. That's not a sarky comment, I just don't think we do. A proportion care for two weeks of the year. Win outside of that and it barely causes a ripple.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Because she has a foreign surname? I for one hope she does well. The thing with her playing with Murray is bizarre though - wasn’t it her who approached him a few days ago to suggest they play together?

Not according to her interview - she said he asked and she couldn't say no.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Because for some reason it’s easier to knock winners.

From page 6 is a perfect example

Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
He only affected himself pulling out. Doubles is a team. She should have said no thanks from the get go imho.
But by his pulling out of the singles it put pressure on her to keep him in his final Wimbledon. I feel that's on him, not her.
I understand that they apparently do a lot of great work for charity, but Team Murray have mostly always seemed to be about Team Murray. That's just the opinion of an occasional watcher of tennis and reader of sorts news, rather than a massive fan of the sport.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
But by his pulling out of the singles it put pressure on her to keep him in his final Wimbledon. I feel that's on him, not her.
I understand that they apparently do a lot of great work for charity, but Team Murray have mostly always seemed to be about Team Murray. That's just the opinion of an occasional watcher of tennis and reader of sorts news, rather than a massive fan of the sport.
Tennis is a very selfish sport, as are most solo sports. Team Murray don't care about Team Radacanu, Team Radacanu don't ultimately care about Team Murray.

The noises coming out of the Murray camp have been pretty graceless imo, Radacanu is doing what is right for her, just as Murray has done for all of his career.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

I'm pretty sure he asked her AFTER he withdrew from the singles. So I feel this is 100% on her. She could have said no and that would have been wise given her physical frailty. Maybe she didn't expect to still be in the singles so it would have been fine.

Anyway. I hope she wins today. She's been in great form. Just feels a bit sour as I'm such a fan of Andy.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Tennis is a very selfish sport, as are most solo sports. Team Murray don't care about Team Radacanu, Team Radacanu don't ultimately care about Team Murray.

The noises coming out of the Murray camp have been pretty graceless imo, Radacanu is doing what is right for her, just as Murray has done for all of his career.

What’s been said ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm pretty sure he asked her AFTER he withdrew from the singles. So I feel this is 100% on her. She could have said no and that would have been wise given her physical frailty. Maybe she didn't expect to still be in the singles so it would have been fine.

Anyway. I hope she wins today. She's been in great form. Just feels a bit sour as I'm such a fan of Andy.
Perhaps that is why she said "yes" in the first place. The pressure to help Andy and satisfy his desire to play his last Wimbledon.
To say it "100% on her" is overlooking her injury issues and history just for the Murray legacy.
It's not her fault he can't play the singles or got knocked out of the doubles at the first hurdle.