MARMITE MURRAY

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Quite happy to watch him play, especially in finals. A fantastic player capable of matching the other 3, especially on a good day. Happy to root for him too, but no I didn’t warm to him. That’s just a personality thing, and doesn’t mean he’s not nice.

Tennis isn’t a popularity contest.

My feelings about him changed when he lost to Roger in the 2012 Wimbledon final. The tears and raw emotion - showed his true colours for me. Loved him ever since.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Can't argue with his determination and how well Faldo has optimised his talents through sheer hard work. Undoubtedly the outstanding best of a mediocre Brit bunch but never in the same class as Seve,Tiger and Tash. As for his on course persona, the petulant, foul-mouthed ranting at his caddy has never been a good look. His fans will be wanting him to make his open swansong. To be frank, I won't miss him and the prospect of his inevitable future appearance in the Sky commentators box is of little appeal. Chacun a son gout.

Sorted for you.

basically just Coz you don’t like someone don’t mean there achievements are rammel. Those words could be written of any sports person. However you dress it up, why have you spent years do,lowing someone you don’t like 😳

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played and watched tennis for about 10 years and never understood why a players personality was more important than his results

PaulMdj

Visit site
Can't argue with his determination and how well Faldo has optimised his talents through sheer hard work. Undoubtedly the outstanding best of a mediocre Brit bunch but never in the same class as Seve,Tiger and Tash. As for his on course persona, the petulant, foul-mouthed ranting at his caddy has never been a good look. His fans will be wanting him to make his open swansong. To be frank, I won't miss him and the prospect of his inevitable future appearance in the Sky commentators box is of little appeal. Chacun a son gout.

Sorted for you.

basically just Coz you don’t like someone don’t mean there achievements are rammel. Those words could be written of any sports person. However you dress it up, why have you spent years do,lowing someone you don’t like 😳
Remember the bit in bold next time you post about Gareth Southgate.😂😂😉

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A man who has worked his socks off to get every ounce of success from his ability despite his body not helping. He has dragged English tennis upwards almost single handedly and deserves the final plaudits at Wimbledon. If he does go into commentary at least he'll have the knowledge to bring and I hope they let him tell it as he sees it like they do with McEnroe

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Can't argue with his determination and how well Murray has optimised his talents through sheer hard work. Undoubtedly the outstanding best of a mediocre Brit bunch but never in the same class as Roger, Rafa and Novak. As for his on court persona, the petulant, foul-mouthed ranting at his box has never been a good look. His fans will be wanting him to make his Wimbledon swansong. To be frank, I won't miss him and the prospect of his inevitable future appearance in the SW19 commentators box is of little appeal. Chacun a son gout.
IMG_8139.jpeg

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
As a big tennis fan Andy Murray is an absolute legend. How anyone can be glad to see the back of him is crazy.

Nice bloke, genuine and one of the best British players in history. Just very unlucky his peak coincided with the likes of Rafa, Roger and Novak. Any other era and he wins 10 slams IMO.

It will a sad day when he packs it in.

Spot on - winning 3 slams during a period where the three greatest ever players played is an astounding achievement

D-S

Visit site
A man who has worked his socks off to get every ounce of success from his ability despite his body not helping. He has dragged English tennis upwards almost single handedly and deserves the final plaudits at Wimbledon. If he does go into commentary at least he'll have the knowledge to bring and I hope they let him tell it as he sees it like they do with McEnroe
??

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Andy just needs to GO really as his time is well past. Hoping his final exit is remembered as an excellent effort but fell short..... at Wimbledon. He has been an inspiration but time to go.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It shows the stature of the man within British tennis and tennis as a whole when you see the level of players there watching him and coming to say goodbye to him - even more so that Sue Barker is back there

Greatest Tennis player from GB

A fabulous send off. Great tribute from some of the biggest names of the modern era and a tremendous interview with Murray.

What an athlete that man has been.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Just came in and seen it. An absolute thoroughbred. Had all the talent when he was younger, realised he didn't have the physical capabilities and went away and addressed it.
One of the greatest and most likely Scotland's greatest sportsman. He'd have had double digits grand slams in any other era. Just landed unlucky to have had to compete with the three best players ever.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just came in and seen it. An absolute thoroughbred. Had all the talent when he was younger, realised he didn't have the physical capabilities and went away and addressed it.
One of the greatest and most likely Scotland's greatest sportsman. He'd have had double digits grand slams in any other era. Just landed unlucky to have had to compete with the three best players ever.
Not sure about that 😬