MARMITE MURRAY

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
To be the best you’ve got to beat the best.

I don’t disagree. And I’m not saying Murray is the best - I don’t think anyone is.

But I certainly agree he’d have won a fistful of Slams if he hadn’t been playing in the same era as three of the best players the game has ever known.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
There is something about the British persona that we like to put down those who have achieved great things in their field. No matter how well they have done, no matter what they have achieved, there is always somebody who will gleefully have a snipe at them.
He has played in an era where three of the greatest tennis players in history have been around. For him to achieve what he has against such opponents can only be applauded. And to continue after his injuries and operations shows what a deep love and desire he has for this game.
It may not be the way that he would want to step down, but he wanted to have that last appearance at Wimbledon.
I like him, and whilst he comes across as dour, I think he has a sense of humour that just doesn't come out. His cameo appearance in Outnumbered is great fun, and this Comic Relief sketch from 2014 is one of my all-time favourites.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Too many of those who know him quickly mention how funny he is. Maybe a bit camera shy but we should never judge someone by their on screen persona for sure.

Hope he and Emma get a few wins at the very least.
She can't afford to be getting too involved in the mixed if she is to challenge for the singles. I'd expect Andy to suggest they with-draw should she look like continuing her good form.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you think the powers that be sensed this would happen? Why do the montage after the doubles when he was due to play again? Where they going to wheel everyone out for a second time?

Possibly. She's pretty flaky imho. I was just warming to her again after a few good performances. She shouldn't have agreed to play if remaining in the singles draw would have her let Andy and everyone down.

It's a real shame for everyone except Emma I guess. She looked all smiles heading for the practice courts with her dodgy wrist :(