Marker pens

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

I have recently been marking a line on my ball to assist with putting but find that the line often gets smudged after the ball has been hit a few times, I find this really annoying. I've used Sharpies and tried other (cheap) brands as well. Can anyone recommend a brand of marker pen that doesn't smudge over time? The problem is I have never been fitted for a marker pen nor had a lesson with my pro about how to mark the line :cautious:

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I have recently been marking a line on my ball to assist with putting but find that the line often gets smudged after the ball has been hit a few times, I find this really annoying. I've used Sharpies and tried other (cheap) brands as well. Can anyone recommend a brand of marker pen that doesn't smudge over time? The problem is I have never been fitted for a marker pen nor had a lesson with my pro about how to mark the line :cautious:
Buy balls with putting line on them? Most seem to have them these days.

D

Deleted member 3432

Losing the ball every 3 or 4 holes will solve the problem ?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
The problem is I have never been fitted for a marker pen nor had a lesson with my pro about how to mark the line :cautious:

...there you are then. You only have yourself to blame. I bought a box of Sharpies on Amazon... trouble is, they sent me left handed, so they are just sat in the cupboard!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Buy some white ones, works for me every time.

Failing that, it happens. I use mini-sharpies to mark my golf balls but eventually they fade but never smudge as long as they are given a minute or two to dry properly. Just carry a pen and re-mark them again.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Buy balls with putting line on them? Most seem to have them these days.

Problem is I only use Taylormade TP5's because I'm a 'playa' and the line isn't very long.

Losing the ball every 3 or 4 holes will solve the problem ?

TBF I have been trying that method recently but it's getting a bit expensive :oops:

...there you are then. You only have yourself to blame. I bought a box of Sharpies on Amazon... trouble is, they sent me left handed, so they are just sat in the cupboard!

Don't you know anyone that is left handed that could hold your balls for you? :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1147

I need lessons in drawing the line.
Does anyone know a good coach?

My ruler doesn’t stay straight as I go around the perimeter of the ball.
Do I need a french curve perhaps?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I find that most of the balls that I use have already got additional identification marks on them - don't always know what they mean - but they are usually marked - and the marking tends to be indelible - must have been on for a good while.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Problem is I only use Taylormade TP5's because I'm a 'playa' and the line isn't very long.

TBF I have been trying that method recently but it's getting a bit expensive :oops:

Don't you know anyone that is left handed that could hold your balls for you? :whistle:

I’m left handed but won’t be holding anyone’s balls

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't understand why anybody would compromise the aerodynamics of the golf ball by adding pen onto it. Losing those marginal gains straight out the box!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't understand why anybody would compromise the aerodynamics of the golf ball by adding pen onto it. Losing those marginal gains straight out the box!

I use a Technomatic ball spinner, there are very few balls that are aerodynamicly straight when put down in a random fashion or using any sort of existing marking on the ball.