Mark crossfield

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Any one watch the mark crossfield you tube videos he has a series starting called the journey, taking a few player with various hc and seeing if he can improve on it, looks like it could be quite good starts tonight

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Any one watch the mark crossfield you tube videos he has a series starting called the journey, taking a few player with various hc and seeing if he can improve on it, looks like it could be quite good starts tonight

He gets on my wick end on vlogs and reviews but his live lesson videos are always superb... almost turns into a different person when teaching

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Aye iv noticed that he's on point on the lessons but agree he can be a bit annoying on the vlogs I still like to watch them tho as they don't take it too serious

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
Watched the first one. I don't think his first student looked like a 17 hc with his swing speed and that fact he struck it pretty well. Maybe Crossfield just needs to teach him how to putt to knock 5 shots off.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Watched the first one. I don't think his first student looked like a 17 hc with his swing speed and that fact he struck it pretty well. Maybe Crossfield just needs to teach him how to putt to knock 5 shots off.

We didn't really see enough of his on course game to draw conclusions to why he plays off 17. We didn't see him chip. He did duff the crap out of a long approach with a wood.

Looks like a nice swing.

May have been a little more interesting if the guy had a massive out to in swing. He's already well in to out which is at odds with most players 2 years in. Still that's his swing so it is what it is.

D

Deleted member 21258

Been a few of these by various instructors on youtube that I followed, but I don't think one has actually carried though a whole year to what I would call an appropriate level of practise or even updates.

Stopped watching MC after the TM affair, but will have a quick look and see, always interested in seeing if instructors can make a big difference.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Disagree with what you're saying- you did see the duff with the wood? I would say this player seems very similar to me in everything he does swing wise, and also coming from 28 down to 16 in a few years seems the same, but looks like he probably hits a fair amount of duffers in a round. I would hazard a guess he probably gets the ball into trouble too many times a round too.

Everyone always says focus on putting when surmising a mid-high handicap needs to improve handicap but each player is individual- you never know his Putting maybe saving him from being a 24 handicap!

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site

Different game out on the course though, which was Marks point with the duffed hybrid shot

Also from at the start of the video, it sounds like his handicap was still tumbling quite rapidly until the winter took hold.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Id say anyone that moves his hips back/forward as much as him on the swing will have a lot of inconsistencies. So can have wildly different scoring days... reminds me of me!

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
We didn't really see enough of his on course game to draw conclusions to why he plays off 17. We didn't see him chip. He did duff the crap out of a long approach with a wood.

Looks like a nice swing.

May have been a little more interesting if the guy had a massive out to in swing. He's already well in to out which is at odds with most players 2 years in. Still that's his swing so it is what it is.

Granted my judgement was based on about 5 shots for which he seemed to strike it ok. It just looks like a solid swing which, on a good day, should get him round in a reasonable number. Crossfield did comment on his inaccurate and generally heely strike pattern with the driver which probably contributes to the higher h/c.

Interested to see more, especially whether or not this guy can putt.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Granted my judgement was based on about 5 shots for which he seemed to strike it ok. It just looks like a solid swing which, on a good day, should get him round in a reasonable number. Crossfield did comment on his inaccurate and generally heely strike pattern with the driver which probably contributes to the higher h/c.

Interested to see more, especially whether or not this guy can putt.

Aye he made a long two putt on the par 3 that they showed on the video

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched it last night. Really interested to see where it goes.

Looked like a typical 17 hcp to me. Can hit it OK most of the time but then can throw a few shockers in a round that could cost him a few shots a hole.

Same old adage. Not how good you're good ones are but how bad are your bad ones.

selwood90

Head Pro
Visit site
Enjoy watching mark, dread to think what the cost of this is though to the lucky few. After seeing his prices for teaching. Not knocking the bloke though, it's all relative. If I could afford it I would pay it

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Enjoy watching mark, dread to think what the cost of this is though to the lucky few. After seeing his prices for teaching. Not knocking the bloke though, it's all relative. If I could afford it I would pay it

Pretty sure I saw on twitter it was 2k!

now if Mark backs himself to be this new superstar coach, maybe he should have added the caviat that it was refundable if noticeable improvements weren’t seen......

maxpeck

Hacker
Visit site
I think this is a good idea, I started watching these guys for the instructional content to try and improve or see how I could do things. The reviews were interesting too, but not that I would go out and buy something based on what they said.

However, I felt that these things died away and it just became them filming themselves going away on holiday or some sort of diary. Could be interesting sometimes, but i felt it got a bit too much about themselves and having a good time and less about instructional videos. At least the balance between them did.

I am probably just jealous to be honest.