Mark crossfield

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No offence to anyone here but £2k is not much money for a lot of people

You can easily spend that on new clubs and get a lot less benefit than you might get from an intensive course with Mark.

I had a brief lesson with Mark at the London golf show a couple years ago and he helped me with a few things better than a 50 quid hour lesson with a local pro had.

if this was not in Devon I would have happily paid the cash and gone along for it

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
No offence to anyone here but £2k is not much money for a lot of people

You can easily spend that on new clubs and get a lot less benefit than you might get from an intensive course with Mark.

I had a brief lesson with Mark at the London golf show a couple years ago and he helped me with a few things better than a 50 quid hour lesson with a local pro had.

if this was not in Devon I would have happily paid the cash and gone along for it

I think it's a lot more than most would expect to pay any of their local pros for a similar thing.

It's effectively 12 hours coaching MAX and two half rounds.

The being on vlogs won't actually add anything to learning, and him being available for contact is no different to any other decent pro.

IMO, he's cashing in on his "fame". Nowt wrong with that, but not exactly vfm.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think it's a lot more than most would expect to pay any of their local pros for a similar thing.

It's effectively 12 hours coaching MAX and two half rounds.

The being on vlogs won't actually add anything to learning, and him being available for contact is no different to any other decent pro.

IMO, he's cashing in on his "fame". Nowt wrong with that, but not exactly vfm.

VFM is up to the person paying to decide.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I watched his latest tonight, he strikes me as a brilliant coach. For someone who's never had a lesson in their life, I wouldn't pay it but what price does anyone put on getting better at golf, it's what we all strive for.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
VFM is up to the person paying to decide.

Thats a cliche imo.

Whilst i accept that something (in this case the lessons) is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Vfm isn't that simple. If Harrods were selling heinz beans at £1000 a tin and some gullible numptie's bought them, would they be getting value for money when they're £1 at Tesco?

I know that is simplistic and maybe a little extreme. But imo substantially over the market value for something doesn't constitute value. The added value could be meeting him (???)!

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Indeed it was £2k.

This is from Twitter "So I want to go on a journey with 5 people this season. It costs £2000 and you will feature in daily vlogs and a course Vlog. So full assessment and you will need to get to Devon for at least one 2 hour session."

I thought he was doing it free and they had won some competition to get it. 😆

marks is a good coach and this is on video so let’s see if they get value for money.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought he was doing it free and they had won some competition to get it. 😆

marks is a good coach and this is on video so let’s see if they get value for money.

I thought it was a prize. Litterally until someone said on here about 2k I thought it was a prize and only didn’t enter because I have a busy 6 months coming up so no way could I take advantage

Glad I didn’t enter now lol don’t mind splashing the cash but 2k would go miles with my current pro and I don’t have to go on YouTube lol

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
For all those bleating on about value for money, what driver do you have? What irons do you use, what putter, what balls do you use, what wet weather gear do you have? As I am willing to bet a large amount of money I could find you clubs and balls and clothes that would do much the same job for a lot cheaper and be much better 'value for money'. How many marketing campaigns for anything related to golf goes on about 'value for money'

But you buy golf equipment for a variety of reasons, it might just make you feel good to buy some new shineys when your existing ones are perfectly fine, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Golfers going on about getting maximum value for money is a bit ironic seeing as the vast majority of golf equipment we all buy is probably not the best 'value for money'.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
There are so many great coaches out there charging £20-30 an hour and you will get the exact same service (maybe better, who knows?),...
Hmmm, what could they do to make themselves known to the people out there? :D

I use my local guy at the range. At my level I don't need a Leadbetter or Crossfield. Nearly any qualified PGA pro will do a good job on me.

D

Deleted member 15344

£2k to be given a few hours coaching by a guy who does a vlog but has no real top level coaching track record ? Really? Am I missing something here - is he like a Harmon or Leadbetter or Haney ? Does he have a queue of Major Winners to his name - what on Earth makes him worth £2k !

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I guess we won’t really know until the experiment is over - if they have met their targets then they may say they got value for their money.

Hacker Khan

Visit site
£2k to be given a few hours coaching by a guy who does a vlog but has no real top level coaching track record ? Really? Am I missing something here - is he like a Harmon or Leadbetter or Haney ? Does he have a queue of Major Winners to his name - what on Earth makes him worth £2k !

He puts a lot of his methods out there on Youtube for all to look at. Someone can then make an informed decision based on a lot of videos if he is going to work for them and if the 2G investment is worth it..

I am pretty confident golfers who are wanting to win a major will not use him and pay 2G for this, But then again I expect 99.9999999% of golfers are not in that category and are not using that criteria to evaluate if he will work for them or not.

Hacker Khan

Visit site
Thats a cliche imo.

Whilst i accept that something (in this case the lessons) is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Vfm isn't that simple. If Harrods were selling heinz beans at £1000 a tin and some gullible numptie's bought them, would they be getting value for money when they're £1 at Tesco?

I know that is simplistic and maybe a little extreme. But imo substantially over the market value for something doesn't constitute value. The added value could be meeting him (???)!

No it's not a cliche. VFM is purely in the eye of the person who is spending the money. All you are doing is imposing your version of VFM on someone else.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
No it's not a cliche. VFM is purely in the eye of the person who is spending the money. All you are doing is imposing your version of VFM on someone else.

VFM can also be in the eye of the person watching somebody else spending the money.

All you're doing is getting arsey over nothing. ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think the instructional content he produces is very good but I can't see any way of justifying that cost for what's being offered. If you add in the cost of petrol to get to Devon to hook up for the lessons and on course review, that makes the cost even higher. It's not value for money in my book although I will follow their progress with interest

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Ironic that I’m imposing my view and yet you’re not.......

If you were running a business and assessing a purchase. Opinion wouldn’t enter the fray, it would be a cold calculation of what you’re getting for what you spend.

D

Deleted member 15344

He puts a lot of his methods out there on Youtube for all to look at. Someone can then make an informed decision based on a lot of videos if he is going to work for them and if the 2G investment is worth it..

I am pretty confident golfers who are wanting to win a major will not use him and pay 2G for this, But then again I expect 99.9999999% of golfers are not in that category and are not using that criteria to evaluate if he will work for them or not.

He is vlogger - again what has he done that can suggest its worth £2k - he is a golf coach so surely his credentials , expirences , Cv etc must be strong to be able to justify £2k fee - yet from what it seems it doesnt part from some mugs that just want to appear on some sort of vlog.

For a lot less thn £2k i suspect you could get yourself a couple months worth of lessons from some of the best "proven" coaches in the country

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Ironic that I’m imposing my view and yet you’re not.......

If you were running a business and assessing a purchase. Opinion wouldn’t enter the fray, it would be a cold calculation of what you’re getting for what you spend.
Or it could be how high can you price it and people would still buy it?
Turns out for a limited edition Crossfield journey it's at least 2000 pounds.

If Richard down at my range suddenly charges 2k he will never see me again ;-)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Or it could be how high can you price it and people would still buy it?
Turns out for a limited edition Crossfield journey it's at least 2000 pounds.

If Richard down at my range suddenly charges 2k he will never see me again ;-)

I've no problem him charging what he wants. Supply and demand doesn't always go hand in hand with value for money.

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't understand why most of the people is so focus on that 2k. Peter Finch and Rick Shiels charging 70 pounds for 1 hour and no one saying anything about that. When you add all the hours they will probably do in the 6 months its not gone be far from what other youtube pros charging.