Mark crossfield

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
He is vlogger - again what has he done that can suggest its worth £2k - he is a golf coach so surely his credentials , expirences , Cv etc must be strong to be able to justify £2k fee - yet from what it seems it doesnt part from some mugs that just want to appear on some sort of vlog.

For a lot less thn £2k i suspect you could get yourself a couple months worth of lessons from some of the best "proven" coaches in the country

I expect they are having a great experience and getting what they perceive as good quality coaching. Not sure who are the mugs here, those that are going for it and having an unique experience or those who post on golf forums getting upset about them paying 2K to do it....

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watching the 1st one.. drop the vlog part and I’d love it!

Lessons inside on a monitor , on course lesson. Whole day of golf looks immense

How many of these do they get over 6 months each?

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't understand why most of the people is so focus on that 2k. Peter Finch and Rick Shiels charging 70 pounds for 1 hour and no one saying anything about that. When you add all the hours they will probably do in the 6 months its not gone be far from what other youtube pros charging.

I dont think they do many actual hours from what they said on the first video. Think it was 6 hour lessons, a course vlig, and online support.

Rick may be £70 a hour but youd still get almost 30 hour lessons for 2 grand, as opposed to six.

People can do what they want with their money, but i agree with some of the above comments: just because the guys enjoy the lessons doesnt make them anywhere near good value.

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I dont think they do many actual hours from what they said on the first video. Think it was 6 hour lessons, a course vlig, and online support.
Not sure how many hours they will do over 6 months but Crossfield twitted today "#THEJOURNEY so far for two of the five students. More coming this week. Already getting feed back from the students after their 1st 4 hour session on and off the course. Who gets cut?"
So it might be 6 4 hour session. He have a lot on this as well, everything will be on youtube so he will have to make sure they getting their money's worth. But like with everything students got to put the practice in. I personally don't see any problem with the money they paying same with people buying PXG equipment and playing of high handicaps.

Last edited:

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site

Rick may be £70 a hour but youd still get almost 30 hour lessons for 2 grand, as opposed to six.

People can do what they want with their money, but i agree with some of the above comments: just because the guys enjoy the lessons doesnt make them anywhere near good value.

With all due respect Rick in no way comes across as intelligent or anywhere near as knowledgeable a golf coach as Mark does. I have had a fair amount of golf coaching off a few pros and even play golf with a few and I'd have to say Mark is a very intelligent golf coach and also embraces a lot of technology and new techniques to understand the golf swing/body motion than most pga qualified pros, the reality is that a lot of pros arnt really very good at understanding and teaching the golf swing. I think a lot of it has to do with the way the pga training is, it's very outdated with it's ideas and concepts and really needs to catch up with the times.
Anybody looking for coaching should research any coach but from looking at online content Rick strikes me as very ordinary when it comes to being a coach whereas mark is alot more intuitive with his ideas and his ability to source the real problem. My current coach charges 55 an hour and I'd honestly be happy paying more for Mark for an hour. He may not be everybody's cup of tea character wise but he certainly knows the golf swing very well and he also understands how to coach a person to develop what they have to get results and not coach an entirely different motion to try and produce.

D

Deleted member 16999

As few years back one of the most well known UK Golf Coaches decide he didn’t really enjoy coaching anymore and put his price up to £100.00 per hour expecting his bookings to dry up, it actually had the opposite effect and people assumed that if he charged that much he must be good and the bookings flew in.

Crossfield could of charged 1 grand or 10 grand and I expect he would of still had 5 people sign up.

I wouldn’t pay, but well done to him for being the first to come up with the idea and at that price.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As few years back one of the most well known UK Golf Coaches decide he didn’t really enjoy coaching anymore and put his price up to £100.00 per hour expecting his bookings to dry up, it actually had the opposite effect and people assumed that if he charged that much he must be good and the bookings flew in.

Crossfield could of charged 1 grand or 10 grand and I expect he would of still had 5 people sign up.

I wouldn’t pay, but well done to him for being the first to come up with the idea and at that price.

Like him or loath him he knows how to find a gap in the market

He is arguably the most successful YouTube Golf pro and now we have loads of them

How many employ someone full time to edit their videos , shows he is successful

D

Deleted member 16999

Like him or loath him he knows how to find a gap in the market

He is arguably the most successful YouTube Golf pro and now we have loads of them

How many employ someone full time to edit their videos , shows he is successful
Exactly, he’s a clever bloke.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly, he’s a clever bloke.

Friend of mine is a pro and he really hates the game of golf now

Stuck in a rut.. course that focuses on foot numbers and the restaurant (which is top notch) rather than quality so he always busy but it’s never on the things he wants to do. Paid well by the owners but can’t get the support he wants like to develop the range (outdoor no cover.. poor for teaching) or he wants to build a sim.. he had 20 juniors lined up to join. But as with all the ideas the owner isn’t fussed cuz the money is rolling in so that’s enough for him

Mark obviously has built himself a little empire off his own back and doing rather well

Never see him unhappy on the course that’s for sure

hors limite

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think the "Journey" stuff is pretty good. However, I had a look at a couple of his "Crossfield takes on Lee Westwood" videos and found them embarrassing. He makes very little effort to talk to Lee and the constant girlish giggling with his mate Lockey is just awful. Sampled the game with Luke Donald and it's just as bad.