Mandelson....again!

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
He's back. What a disgrace! Mandelson isn't the kind of man I'd like to have ''behind'' me. An unpopular Prime Minister who hasn't won an election and will probably lose the next one. What does he do to try to save his skin? He brings back a slimy, twice-disgraced ex-minister! Politicians make me puke. Poor old Britain. I'm glad I don't live there now.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Regardless of the individual involved, What I can't understand is how you can have an unelected person in the cabinet. He has no mandate.
That's not democracy in my book!

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm not sure about the rules here, but I thought that forums like this are obliged to keep away from discussing race, religion and politics, although I do agree with you Shanker.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm not sure about the rules here, but I thought that forums like this are obliged to keep away from discussing race, religion and politics, although I do agree with you Shanker.
You may be correct Dave. If so, I'll delete the post.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I reckon George Brown should have got Benny in the cabinet.

Rules or no rules, my comment is simple. At least half of the voters in this country surely believe that honesty and morality are still alive and well. I couldn't vote for anyone that had abused their position for their own gain. It goes on all the time, I know, but for me, one misdemeanour, large or small is one too many. I'm out...

DCB

Visit site
Poor Gordon has become so unpopular that he has changed his name to George to try and hide from all the nasty people. Clever bit of work that, because he won't have to change his mark in all his books in his office. He's got G Brown on the inside flyleaf!

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
You may be correct Dave. If so, I'll delete the post.

It depends. But surely that is why this second forum exists. After all, you don't have to partake in every post.

Generally speaking, comments on politics etc, are exceptable. Having an agenda is not, and neither is racism etc.

I consider a forum, (maybe this one more than some), to be a gentlemans smoking lounge (sorry ladies nothing against you), but a modern version that includes women. Where by we may discuss pretty much anything. As long as it's respectful (ish)!!

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
... I thought that forums like this are obliged to keep away from discussing race, religion and politics

Race and religion: not points for discussion. Racists and bigots not welcome at all.

Politics: Fair game for all sorts of discussion.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hear hear SS2!

Let's face it we supposedly elect politicians on a mandate but how many of them actually fulfill them?

I would love to see a big board outside Westminster with manifesto pledges and how many have actually been achieved!

Still as Winston says.....

"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried"

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
... I thought that forums like this are obliged to keep away from discussing race, religion and politics

Race and religion: not points for discussion. Racists and bigots not welcome at all.

Politics: Fair game for all sorts of discussion.

From the dictionary for Bigot

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ

..so are they all open for discussion without bigotry?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
did I hear correctly that Blunkett is also on his way back?

is this what we have come to, a bunch of headless chickens so devoid of ideas that they resort to proven failures? (they even sacrificed Estelle Morris to save Blunkett's ass!)

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
What few see clearly as I do is the way this shower demonstrate their inability to do whats right and go the distance when times get tough after good times inherited from the previous lot followed by a bumper world economy which for a time had a wonderful feel good benefit for all. Labour are good at taking credit for other elements action but quick to blame those elements when things go wrong, likewise they demonstrate how useless they are by feeling the need to re-employ a complete pratt as obviously no one in UK is capable of doing what mandy can do??????? HOW INEPT this shower are.

Tories will take over a shambles yet again from Labour as usual.

I dont see how Brown is considered as being the best chancellor in history, I think he is probably the worst as he is one of a very few if not the only chancellor to inherit stability in the form of a benine economy (like gold dust to an incomming chancellor)followed by economic growth through a healthy global economy. And able to waste more money than any chancellor in history as well as raiding pension funds and reserves to achieve only a small amount of his smoke screened goals most of which only partially achieved at a very great cost.

A chancellor who has nothing in the kitty at times like now is a crap chancellor and though he is now primeminister unelected by us it was his doing and I actually feel sorry for his chancellor. (dont worry, not much sympathy)

Phew! Ive had a rant, havent I lol.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Seems that I'm wrong Shanker. It appears that politics is fair game on this forum, in which case I'm happy to apologise to you for raising the matter. Race, religion and colour, definitely out though.

As a matter of fact, I'm quite pleased that we can discuss political matters on this forum. It seems to thow up some interesting responses.