Mandatory Allowances

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't see well established swindle/fiddle groups which have developed their own internal handicap systems (eg depending on how much money players have won/lost in the last month) ever working to any mandatory limits. I'm sure the national bodies are only concerned with 'official' club or other competitions.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
I can't see well established swindle/fiddle groups which have developed their own internal handicap systems (eg depending on how much money players have won/lost in the last month) ever working to any mandatory limits. I'm sure the national bodies are only concerned with 'official' club or other competitions.
And what would happen if a club chose different allowances for some of their competitions?
Note that I said “would”, not “could or should”.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
And what would happen if a club chose different allowances for some of their competitions?
Note that I said “would”, not “could or should”.
Given that they have got carte blanche, any thing from turning a blind eye to revoking the club's licence for use of the WHS software.
But I do know of a current situation where strong words are involved.

NearHull

Visit site
Hollinwelll decided to stick to its 75% allowance against the mandated allowance of 85%. They disadvantaged the higher handicap players to give advantage to the the lower handicap players by breaking the Rules of Handicap. Are they a fit club to hold Open Qualifying Events?

Last edited:

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Hollinwelll decided to stick to its 75% allowance against the mandated allowance of 85%. They disadvantaged the higher handicap players to give advantage to the the lower handicap players by breaking the Rules of Golf. Are they a fit club to hold Open Qualifying Events?
What Rules of golf did they break? Recall that there are the Rules of golf and also Rules of Handicapping.

NearHull

Visit site
How much difference did it really make ?
Do you mean, difference to the results? I don’t know. My point is about the principle of not using the mandatory allowances. I had a similar experience with our Seniors a short while ago, they wanted to run an individual Stableford event at 100%. I objected by stating, Why should the high handicappers gain an advantage over me by breaking the rules? The Seniors Captain saw the logic and reversed it back to 95%.