Seniors Open Comps, Gt value but unfair.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
well that woke you all up and got you talking, no it wasn`t a joke but a comment/suggestion I received a few years ago when I was an Open organiser, I wasn`t as shocked as some of you, in fact thought some points were valid and future events had a best visitors prize. tend to agree with smiffy`s comments tho`

ps sorry about the wet pc.

:p

goldenbare

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I qualify for seniors this autumn and like Smiffy will be looking for a few nice cheap days out next year, not too worried about the result as we all know it takes a few rounds to know the course well enough to compete.
Before I read it I thought the post was going to complain about those people that hang on to their handicaps at a false level to compete in these competitions which again was why i was not expecting to win them just enjoy the day out. :rolleyes:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I can't wait to qualify for Senior events. Great courses great value and great company. What more do you want for your money. Even if there are some home players, they still have to produce the goods on the day. Very disappointing reaction

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Old people, there's no pleasing them.

You get all that, for next to nothing, the course is effectively closed for the day to non seniors, you get fed, prizes, golf, and now you want an advantage.

If your handicap doesn't travel, it's not really your handicap. If the seniors where you are visiting can hit 400 yard par fours in two, why can't you? It is the same for every one.
Agree with Murph and everyone! Amazing. Probably also unfair that the locals may like all the food that is layed on more than visitors as well!

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not forgeting you don't have to be a senior to enjoy the benefits of playing at another club.Most clubs will run pairs, singles and mixed open comps throughout the year.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not forgeting you don't have to be a senior to enjoy the benefits of playing at another club.Most clubs will run pairs, singles and mixed open comps throughout the year.

The only problem I have found playing in Seniors competitions is that the sights I see in the shower room afterwards can give me nightmares. Everything needs ironing...

Last turkey in the shop?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
hmmm, my poached eggs on toast suddenly arent so appealing with them images now in my mind :(

My suggestion Gibbo ...

2 poached eggs on toast and read the other posting about the ladies open!

Chris

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only problem I have found playing in Seniors competitions is that the sights I see in the shower room afterwards can give me nightmares. Everything needs ironing...

What? Like your body hugging jumper at Cooden last year??

:eek: :eek: