Manchester Golf Courses

Anj71

Visit site
Folks,

I’m looking to organise a works golf outing in Manchester ( night out after in town ). The only course I know and have played is Worsley Park. Any other recommendations that fit the bill above?

Cheers
Anji

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Think Louise may be the person who has played a lot of courses around Manchester.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends on what you want really, Worsley Park has a hotel attached which can be handy, but if you are staying in town then that is not a factor. What sort of course are you looking for? also what day of the week are you after?

A bit more information required really

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
There's quite a few near me to the north of the city. Not sure if the area will mean they're any use to you.

Manchester GC in middleton, one of the more expensive clubs in the area but heard it's a decent course

North Manchester GC also in Middleton, quite a long course, reasonable prices

Blackley GC, don't know much about it but heard it decent

Prestwich GC, but I believe they were down to 9 holes while the course was being refurbished

Styal GC near the airport has accommodation on site I think

Brookdale GC near failsworth, have a friend who's a member here who says it's quite a short course but one that challenges you because you've got to be very accurate

Ashton under Lyne GC, another one I don't know much about but have heard it's decent

Mottram hall is a little further out but one that I've got on my list to play this summer.

Last edited:

Anj71

Visit site
We are looking at a flattish course. A few Scottish hackers and amongst us. Nothing too demanding. I like the look of Styal. Just saw Withington which looks ok.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are looking at a flattish course. A few Scottish hackers and amongst us. Nothing too demanding. I like the look of Styal. Just saw Withington which looks ok.

Flat course near the city centre..... Look at Withington, Didsbury, Northenden and Sale. Stay near Didsbury and begin your night there before heading into town.

Durango

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What day are you looking at and how many of you? I'm the assistant at Heaton Moor GC and will sort it out for you. Send me a pm

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry for the bump, but anyone know of any Manchester courses which would accept visitors (even ones from Scotland) on a Saturday?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry for the bump, but anyone know of any Manchester courses which would accept visitors (even ones from Scotland) on a Saturday?
Teeofftimes and tee times may be best looking at, as you can pick a day and time, so will give you a better idea of who do and dont.

Are you talking summer or winter, and how much do you want to pay. Bury do and its a decent course.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Teeofftimes and tee times may be best looking at, as you can pick a day and time, so will give you a better idea of who do and dont.

Are you talking summer or winter, and how much do you want to pay. Bury do and its a decent course.

Looking for the day before Forest Pines, so 30th May. Teeofftimes don't have times yet, so will hold off. Hoping that a few clubs are yet to announce their Opens, as there's nothing really close to the area on Golf Empire yet. Will keep checking.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bradley Hall, near Halifax? yes I have, part of the course is on the side of a hill quite enjoyed Not to be confused with Bradley PArk near Huddersfield.

A course that you could play on a saturday, Whitefield, 5 minutes off the M60
Whitefield is really nice but it’s not exactly flat.
It’s a tough test.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Willow Valley near J25 of the M62.

Great layout, although I know the course has struggled with the wet weather recently, but, you'll struggle to find a course with so many challenging holes packed into one round.