M2 loft and lie adjustment

andyp774

Hacker
Visit site
I have upgraded to the m2 driver and wondered if anyone had any info or help with the lie loft on the adjustable neck.

I used it on Saturday and had a few off to the right. Not my usual shape. If I change the upright of loft ups notch will that close the face.

Also how will changing the loft affect the club face.

By the way I love the club just need to tune it right for me.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
These adjustments only make tiny changes, if the ball is flying off to the right there's no adjustment going to change that on its own.

UlyssesSky

Head Pro
Visit site
These adjustments only make tiny changes, if the ball is flying off to the right there's no adjustment going to change that on its own.

Increasing the loft by one increment on the hosel will close the face 2 degrees (if it was in neutral before). That surely won't turn a push-slice into a draw, but can help turn a fade into a straight shot or a slice into a manageable fade.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Increasing the loft by one increment on the hosel will close the face 2 degrees (if it was in neutral before). That surely won't turn a push-slice into a draw, but can help turn a fade into a straight shot or a slice into a manageable fade.

Ye, 2* open or closed will actually make a pretty big difference. The TM hosel changes are actually pretty bold and in my experience are obvious subject to strike and delivery.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site

All good in theory, but with the majority of us I maintain it makes barely any difference. Most golfers would adjust the clubface at address anyway, negating any tiny change in set up.
Personally I've tried every setting on my TM driver and it makes zero difference. There are many more variables in most swings that override these small changes.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
All good in theory, but with the majority of us I maintain it makes barely any difference. Most golfers would adjust the clubface at address anyway, negating any tiny change in set up.
Personally I've tried every setting on my TM driver and it makes zero difference. There are many more variables in most swings that override these small changes.

I would say the direct opposite.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

I do understand what you are intimating; basically if the face is opened 2 degrees many players will realign it at address! I have to consciously accept the slightly non square looking of the rescues with the FCT technology (easiest examples)

It's certainly the case that the sliding weight adjustments have a bigger impact for most.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would say the direct opposite.

I would say that you could stand on the driving range with a load of new ProV1X balls and someone could continually adjust your driver before each hit , unless you are a top world player you couldn't tell what set up your driver was on simply by the ball flight. There would be too many variances in your swing, and when I say "you" I mean the vast majority of us who are not the mega elite.

There are very small changes, but it's mainly marketing blurb aimed at the more deluded buyers.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Point taken. My experience has been different though. I find sliding weights do much less than face angle/lie angle.

In your example above I don't think I would have to hit the ball to tell you the face angle. With a white tm driver with a black face it jumps out at you.

In practice, I had the driver set up for me and good drives on course started to just fall off over to the right or very straight, I took it from 3 open to 1 open and now good drives fall over just to the left or straight.

If I get the club stuck behind me, panic, flip my wrist and hook the ball then I'm 100% with you, you can't get the club open enough to help me. For tuning on good shots it definatly works.