Lost Balls

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I went for a long slow walk with my dog yesterday and seeing as the front 9 of my course was closed decided to walk there.

Some interesting 'data' if you can call it that:
- I found 27 golf balls over a a stretch of 4 holes
- 6 Prov's
- 19 AD333's
- 1 NXT Tour
- 1 Callaway Warbird

The Prov's were all in the rough on the left of the fairway and the rest were all in the rough on the right of the fairway

Thought it was quite interesting anyway, but maybe I should get out more

Leereed

Head Pro
Visit site
I walk with the dog on our course most nights and in the summer my best was over 260 balls. Will do 20-30 balls most nights.most are crap.

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting, I tend to lose AD333's quite quickly, they're a bit spinny for me I think. Probably just one bloke who is wild off the tee and loves his Srixon balls though haha

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I went for a long slow walk with my dog yesterday and seeing as the front 9 of my course was closed decided to walk there.

Some interesting 'data' if you can call it that:
- I found 27 golf balls over a a stretch of 4 holes
- 6 Prov's
- 19 AD333's
- 1 NXT Tour
- 1 Callaway Warbird

The Prov's were all in the rough on the left of the fairway and the rest were all in the rough on the right of the fairway

Thought it was quite interesting anyway, but maybe I should get out more

Proves that low handicap players who use Pro V1's tend to have a hook as their bad shot, whereas lesser beings who use cheaper balls tend to slice?! :)

Leereed

Head Pro
Visit site
No range balls don't pick them up. We have some hot spots, dog leg holes which anything less than a sweet strike is not getting over the trees.The dog just runs about after the local wild life.....

the smiling assassin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We used to dive into the gorse when we were juniors and come out with a truckload. One summer holiday two of us spent a few hours on a rainy day pillaging all the hotspots on the course and came away with over 1400 balls between us. Needless to say we didn't need to go hunting for a while after that.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting, I tend to lose AD333's quite quickly, they're a bit spinny for me I think. Probably just one bloke who is wild off the tee and loves his Srixon balls though haha

Interesting comment about AD333, as I have thought this for a while, as I tend not to hit them vey well as at 1st thought it was me but over time I've been using Chromesoft and Supersofts more and occasionally using a new AD333 just to use the in social games with very different ball flights

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I also occasionally walk my dogs across a local course here in Inverness. can't comment on who used what, but the ball i find the most is a srixon ad333 followed by TM tour preferred. a pro v 1 is a very rare beast around Torvean. on the other hand Nairn tends to be all prov's.

my best haul of late was christmas eve, it wasn't even on the course, walked along the beach and found 20 pro vs that where lost in the sea when the tide was in. must have been tee shots on the 2nd and 3rd.

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting comment about AD333, as I have thought this for a while, as I tend not to hit them vey well as at 1st thought it was me but over time I've been using Chromesoft and Supersofts more and occasionally using a new AD333 just to use the in social games with very different ball flights

Glad to hear other people share my experiences! I have to agree with you re: chromesofts as well. Only ever used ones that I pick up but I do find that they give a much more stable flight. Tend to get right out there as well