Loosing my way Mid Round

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi,

Background to my question I've been playing approx 8 months and have a 25 Handicap

Lots of people mention 1st Tee nerves and for sure I when I take the 1st tee at club comps and recently social matches with other clubs and there are 10 ~ 25 people watching, but on the whole I do not have many problems hitting my drives good and true, my issue seems to be after about 3 ~ 4 holes I seem to loose my way, its almost as if I have relaxed too much!

is this just showing my lack of experience and any advise would be much appreciated

Thanks

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As a 21 handicapper getting cut to 18 or 19 today I can tell you that's it's most likely lack of experience leading to a lack of consistency. Just keep plugging and it'll come mate.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
What a good idea to break the round down into mini rounds, going to try this next time and I also think my in-experience is a factor because I often think when I look back on the round my decision making / course management could better

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Also mkae sure you only focus on your shots as you approach them and take them. You will either get tired or lose focus if you try to focus on golf for the whole round.

Pick specific target, get any sort of routine that you can use for every shot, this will help if you ever do get nervy. And enjoy.

The scores will come down, sometime gradually other times they will shoot down then hold steady then drop again.

Just keep at it and enjoy it and dont try too hard.