Loosening stuck spikes

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I may be teaching you all to suck eggs, but it's time for the steelys to go in and most of my studs were stuck fast. Had a google and some wag said to soak the soles of ur shoes in hot water.

Sounded barmy to me, anyway, try anything once, ten minutes in the hot water and pop pop pop :lol:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
At tips to stop my bloody DNA spikes falling out?!

Ha ha. I, and others, have puma's that do the same. Buy some decent after market spikes and just accept you will be filling in the gaps for a while. Funnily enough none of the replacements have ever fallen out.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's a good tip and really does help loosen difficult spikes. I always put vaseline on the threads as I put them in. Was particularly useful when the thread and insert were metal and definitely stopped spikes rusting in

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Replaced the soft spikes on my tour 360’s yesterday. Bought a Softspike cleat ripper last year for about £4, first time to use it. How easy was that! The spikes were all caked in, but every single one came out with a single twist. Not one spike gave any trouble, no previous issues whereby the spikes would start ripping apart without moving, no excess force required. Great tool, seriously recommend it.