Loose Iron Head

Gilmore Happy

Visit site
Recently noticed one of my Iron heads have started to move from where they join the shaft, just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if its worth getting the epoxy re-done or if good 'ol super glue does the trick, thanks

Gilmore Happy

Visit site
The club itself is only 3 years old not sure why its starting to give so soon but ill see if the pro shop at my club can glue it, thanks for the quick responses

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
It's very likely just the ferrule that has come loose from the head, if the head had come loose it wouldn't stay on when you hit it. Can you twist the head when you hold the grip ? If not just pop a little glue at the top of the iron head and seat the ferrule. Not likely the pro at your club would even charge you for this but then again some folks are pretty tight

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Grab the iron head in one hand and the grip in the other. Now twist them against each other like your life depended on it. If the clubbed twists off then get it refitted with epoxy resin. When it doesn't, hold the ferrule in the steam from a kettle then slide it back up. Make sure you don't use your bare hand when sliding the ferrule back up as it will be a little warm. ;)

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was going so well too. Caning that 2 iron like a delinquent schoolboy! To be fair the head did go further than @Lincoln Quaker best drive that day.....

Big yin. Genuinely at least 4 shots sounded and looked gorgeous

that knockdown into 14th was shot of the day. It went nowhere cause that wind but ooooff. Great shot. Put it at least 2 yards past mine ?

A few more behaved themselves.

However 4 of them were like Gary woodland.

Just a shame you cried off on drinking with the lads the night before . Real shame ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Worth remembering is that if you used ridged grips and it is the head that is loosening the face will now point the wrong way when you grip the club.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your joking

No I am not. The idea of ridged grips is that it makes you grip in a specific way which normally ensures the the face is pointing straight. The ridge will have been aligned with the club face when the grip was fitted.

It is one of the reasons I never fit ridged grips because I like to open and close the the club face. Back in the day when non ridged grips were very difficult to find I used to have my grips fitted upside down so that the ridge was just off centre.