Looking for new course to join this year in north/south Lanarkshire

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Lanark or Strathaven all day long, blow the rest out of the water in terms of quality from my experience.

out of interest I looked at Strathhaven GC web site and they quote " There is NO Entry Fee for a new lady member in any of the 3 Membership Categories." whilst I get lady memberships is low at most clubs, is that allowed today ?

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
out of interest I looked at Strathhaven GC web site and they quote " There is NO Entry Fee for a new lady member in any of the 3 Membership Categories." whilst I get lady memberships is low at most clubs, is that allowed today ?

They have different prices for lady members so I would assume so. I envisage it’ll be countered by the playing rights are greater for men so that’s why there’s a difference

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
@williamalex1 is the pond at the third stocked with fish (I envisage it’ll have a thriving golf ball population) anytime I’ve ever played there’s always been neds fishing and can’t seem to think they’d have much chance of catching something

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
N
@williamalex1 is the pond at the third stocked with fish (I envisage it’ll have a thriving golf ball population) anytime I’ve ever played there’s always been neds fishing and can’t seem to think they’d have much chance of catching something
No fish, but just as wet as your fairways :p, Brizo and his mates are the neds :ROFLMAO:and will come over and sort you out :ROFLMAO: , if you slag their course again, now play nice.:mad:

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
N
No fish, but just as wet as your fairways :p, Brizo and his mates are the neds :ROFLMAO:and will come over and sort you out :ROFLMAO: , if you slag their course again, now play nice.:mad:
I actually wasn’t even taking the piss I was just wondering ? I can’t see too many fish getting lost from the Clyde and ending up there yet I’ve played a few times over the years and most times there’s been some local delinquents fishing ? anyway 1m of drainage works at our place, the fairways are so dry we’ve had to invest in irrigation ??

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Fair enough, IMHO 1 million on drainage still won't make your course as good or welcoming as Bellshill , especially to new members .
I suggest we call it quits now .Or PM me.
??? cant help but laugh at that statement, I never thought bellshill was all that. Infact I can hardly remember much of it, which is never a great sign

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Of course everyone is, but be honest with your statement man. You come to the Glasgow or central area, nobody is telling you to go and play bellshill ?
Well the OP and his 2 mates chose Bellshill, as did another 17 new members in the last 2 weeks, someone must have told them.
Your welcome to come and play as my guest anytime and maybe update your experience.

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
@williamalex1 i wasn’t having a go about bellshill you’ve taken that all too personal though I feel with you deleting the comment you probably realised that. If the OP and his friends plus 17 others joined bellshill I hope they have a long number of happy years golfing there. Not sure it’s a competition to be honest, you like bellshill you play there. I like Hamilton I play there, it’s turned into a my dad is better than yours whilst my tongue was firmly in my cheek. Enjoy your golf

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Well the OP and his 2 mates chose Bellshill, as did another 17 new members in the last 2 weeks, someone must have told them.
Your welcome to come and play as my guest anytime and maybe update your experience.
They may well have done, though to say you could spend x amount on a course and it wouldn't be better than bellshill is plain daft. It's a cheap and cheerful members club, some people will like it and that's great. Be honest though it's far from the best course in that neck of the woods, which is fine. Let's not pretend its something it's not though. I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying it how it is.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the spirit of compromise, perhaps best to agree that we’re all lucky to play courses we enjoy, that our own courses have merits and limitations and determining whether one’s club is better than another nearby club is only going to lead to conflict and bad vibes and perhaps would be one of these ‘debates’ best left alone. Celebrate the fact that you know someone (online at least) who will probably get you on their course at a guest rate, return the favour and leave the joshing until the 19th hole when you pick up the winnings.