Looking for new course to join this year in north/south Lanarkshire

Brizo1411

Visit site
Many members on here play around this area ? I’ve been playing at Strathclyde 9 hole course municipal for 2 years now but want to join a club

Cheers

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Drumpellier or Bothwell Castle would be my choices. TBH there are a few courses to choose from but they aren't as good

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
@Brizo1411 why not join Hamilton if you’re playing strathy you’ll be in the area I assume. Most around here will have joining fees so I’d suggest playing them before you commit. I’ve played a number over the years and obviously I’m biased towards Hamilton but in South Lan id only consider strathaven or Lanark outwith Hamilton. Depends on what you want to pay too I suppose

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
Drumpellier or Bothwell Castle would be my choices. TBH there are a few courses to choose from but they aren't as good
bothwell is one I dong get, lovely clubhouse, nice area but a more boring flat wet course you’d be hard pressed to find. Good thing about opinions though is we’ve all got one :)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
You're better playing all the local courses before you decide, but it would be a waste of time at present, most are playing temp tees, greens or using mats.
Strathaven GC would be my choice but I think there's a waiting list and it'll cost you an arm and a leg.
Hamilton, Bothwell, Colville Park and Bellshill are options.
If you would like a game at Bellshill give me a shout around mid March (y)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Lanark or Strathaven all day long, blow the rest out of the water in terms of quality from my experience.

Brizo1411

Visit site
I’ve played most apart from Lanark and strathaven, tbh they’re a bit far out aswell as I like to jump on after work for a few holes midweek. Albeit I’ve only played the others once. I’m from Motherwell so there’s plenty choice. Really enjoyed Hamilton the most from what I’ve played so far, and bellshill n wishaw a close second.
I’ve noticed a lot are doing away with joining fees, just wondering people’s thoughts on them.

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
I’ve played most apart from Lanark and strathaven, tbh they’re a bit far out aswell as I like to jump on after work for a few holes midweek. Albeit I’ve only played the others once. I’m from Motherwell so there’s plenty choice. Really enjoyed Hamilton the most from what I’ve played so far, and bellshill n wishaw a close second.
I’ve noticed a lot are doing away with joining fees, just wondering people’s thoughts on them.
Hamilton have them and we are close to capacity so won’t be getting rid of them anytime soon. Ek Hamilton Strathaven bothwell Lanark all have them off the top of my head
Hamilton have spent a fair amount on drainage after selling off the 9 hole course for homes, currently undergoing bunker replacement and are about to confirm a huge amount for clubhouse changes and upgrading. This is the most our greens have been on and course been open as the drainage is starting to bed in

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Hamilton have them and we are close to capacity so won’t be getting rid of them anytime soon. Ek Hamilton Strathaven bothwell Lanark all have them off the top of my head
Hamilton have spent a fair amount on drainage after selling off the 9 hole course for homes, currently undergoing bunker replacement and are about to confirm a huge amount for clubhouse changes and upgrading. This is the most our greens have been on and course been open as the drainage is starting to bed in

Good to hear, not played Hamilton in a long time now. I had heard it has dipped quite dramatically a few years back so good to hear its turning it around.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Join Playsport for year round golf, medals etc and great practice facilities and use your £450 annual saving over Hamilton and similar playing 15 opens at other good courses throughout the year.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd go for lanark if I was looking in that area, drains very well in winter too.
Lanark is probably the most prestige course in the Lanakshire area, but it's a 40 mile round trip for the OP , depending on traffic anything between 30 -45 minutes each way.
Like most other courses in Lanarkshire they use mats during winter months, they also have a joining fee ,waiting list, I think their fees are probably the highest in the area.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Lanark is probably the most prestige course in the Lanakshire area, but it's a 40 mile round trip for the OP , depending on traffic anything between 30 -45 minutes each way.
Like most other courses in Lanarkshire they use mats during winter months, they also have a joining fee ,waiting list, I think their fees are probably the highest in the area.
It's pretty reasonable fees wise it's only about 7 or 800 a year I think. I know the pro that's there very well, you wont find any inland course in Scotland worth its salt that doesnt use mats in winter tbh

Brizo1411

Visit site
cheers lads... thinking Hamilton.
Id say I’m between 3 or 4
hamilton, bellshill, wishaw or Colvilles for my choice.

Love jumping on after work so Lanark would be out the question.
woukd Like to play Hamilton again soon to confirm decision.
Any members local fancy a game ?

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
cheers lads... thinking Hamilton.
Id say I’m between 3 or 4
hamilton, bellshill, wishaw or Colvilles for my choice.

Love jumping on after work so Lanark would be out the question.
woukd Like to play Hamilton again soon to confirm decision.
Any members local fancy a game ?

Send me a PM I’ll try and sort it