Looking for Course Recommendations (Aylesbury area)

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I want to play this weekend and am looking for recommendations for courses around the Aylesbury area with good drainage and are in reasonable condition (considering the amount of rain we have had over the past few weeks).

My home course (Aylesbury Park) is in a right state at the moment.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Elles borough should be open but might be tough getting on
Chiltern Forest - ditto
Whiteleaf - ditto
Anything low lying is likely to be in the same boat as AP..
Add in that anywhere open and dry is going to be busy with people like you...

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
How is Whipsnade at the moment? Are trolleys allowed and are there temp greens at the moment?

We played yesterday, 7 temps,trolleys ok. but closed today and 90% sure it'll be closed tomorrow

Id say your best bet is Chiltern Forest, but be prepared, its mountain goat country.

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ended up playing Magnolia Park - very nice & challenging course, spoilt by the cold and windy conditions, although no temp tees or greens.
Bogeys on first 2 holes which I was pleased with (being a 22 HC'er), but lost feeling in my fingers thereafter and my round became the round from hell.
Struggling to clean club face after shots due to mud / water being immediately frozen on didn't help!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Shame, but with hindsight a day to leave the clubs at home and do something else.
Normal spring service will be resumed in a couple of weeks 👍

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ended up playing Magnolia Park - very nice & challenging course, spoilt by the cold and windy conditions, although no temp tees or greens.
Bogeys on first 2 holes which I was pleased with (being a 22 HC'er), but lost feeling in my fingers thereafter and my round became the round from hell.
Struggling to clean club face after shots due to mud / water being immediately frozen on didn't help!

Nice course. Would like to play there again.