Looking for Android golf app with UK stableford calculator

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was reading post 14.

"my usage scenario is entering scores in the bar after our round to calculate points and decide who buys dinner!"

Mike07

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve tried almost all the scorecard / stats tracker apps and have settled with Golf Game Book... it’s brilliant

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There must be apps out there and I'm sure VPAR will come back with the changes. I use Scoresaver2 for my statistics and it is dead easy to set players up and enter scores. THe added bonus is not only is it set up for stableford points but will track handicaps too

itm60

Hacker
Visit site
I’ve tried almost all the scorecard / stats tracker apps and have settled with Golf Game Book... it’s brilliant
I just tried Golf Game Book. Once again it hasn't got accurate SI values for my local course (maybe support will fix that?). I also found the entering scores a tiny bit laborious (minimum three taps required to enter each score), but probably no worse than VPAR in that respect. Things that I also didn't like were:
- most of the space on the home screen is dedicated to adverts (and presumably using my data allowance to deliver the ads?)
- no way that I could find to view previous rounds
- it takes a loooong time to load (suggesting it's either a memory hog or is sucking down alot of data??).
Maybe I'm being too fussy?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I just tried Golf Game Book. Once again it hasn't got accurate SI values for my local course (maybe support will fix that?). I also found the entering scores a tiny bit laborious (minimum three taps required to enter each score), but probably no worse than VPAR in that respect. Things that I also didn't like were:
- most of the space on the home screen is dedicated to adverts (and presumably using my data allowance to deliver the ads?)
- no way that I could find to view previous rounds
- it takes a loooong time to load (suggesting it's either a memory hog or is sucking down alot of data??).
Maybe I'm being too fussy?

Have you downloaded Scoresaver2? Dead easy

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes but I'm also looking for something that I can use in the bar after the round (i.e. on my Android phone)

Sorry if I'm appearing to be a bit thick here but could you just explain exactly what it is that you want an "app" to do on your "android phone" to determine who buys the drinks. :confused: :confused:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just use the free scorecard and pencil both found in the pro shop or changing room. Find it quicker and more reliable than technology, and filling it in after each hole means you know who’s buying the drinks after 18 holes are played.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just use the free scorecard and pencil both found in the pro shop or changing room. Find it quicker and more reliable than technology, and filling it in after each hole means you know who’s buying the drinks after 18 holes are played.

Ultimately, it’s the right answer. Stableford is not the most difficult to work out

itm60

Hacker
Visit site
The Golfshake app helps you do all this. It’s quick and easy and doesn’t require a computer
Many thanks. So I installed it, and I've just spent 10 minutes trying to work out how to add a 2nd player to the round (having spent 5 minutes trying to add the first) - I had to give up as I couldn't work out how to do it. Entering scores isn't as quick as it might be (in a similar way to Golf Game Book).
I must admit I was expecting the UI on these apps to be a little more slick, as you don't want to spend time multiple-tapping your screen when you're on the course - or even when you're in the bar ;0)

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair, other players do need to be registered on Golfshake too.

Personally, I don’t see the requirement for the app. Learn how to use the scorecard and it’s sorted. It really is simple

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Personally, I don’t see the requirement for the app. Learn how to use the scorecard and it’s sorted. It really is simple

Wasting your time mate. Apparently "apps" are the bee's knees. If you can't find an "app" that does exactly what you want, then what you want can't be done (unless you do something very simple like using a pencil and a few brain cells...............) :whistle:

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
I've been through a few, swing by swing for a long time... but these days mscorecard does the business. Can't fault it for a free download. Normally do a quick add in the bar post round.
Record all my rounds on golfshake afterwards, formerly todaysgolfer dot whatever it was... I have 10 years worth of stats to look back on.

Out on the course I just score on the card if in a group or in my head if flying solo.