London Golf Club - Take 2

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
So if I continue drinking 6 pints of Stella a day this is what I have to look forward to.

It is enough to drive a guy to drink.

Hmm, maybe not.

Beware the botty finger.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure what its called but it comprises of one small amount of liquid that contains nitro-glycerine so an explosion is going to be unavoidable followed by having to drink two litres of this gloopy vanilla flavoured liquid within 2 hours. Light the blue touchpaper and retire to the bathroom with several good magazines. The funny thing is we only have one bathroom in our house so HID will have to cross her legs.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Seriously though Chris, it can really come and bite you on the arse.

I used to drink around 80 units every weekend and around another 50 during the week.

I was a single man and my social life revolved around pubs, clubs and similar. I actually met my wife in a night-club on a weekend bender.

Anyhow, I did this for a good while, settled down with the mrs and the boozing stopped.

Life was good, the little one was born and life was great, then one day, just after luchtime at the car auction, I was struck down with the most agonising pains in my chest and stomach. I didnt know what the hell was going on but I was convinced I was dying, it really was that severe.

Basically, I spent the next 6 months in constant pain, with an inability to digest anything properly and a total lack of energy and strength due to lack of nutrients and my body failing to absorb water correctly.

I was eventually diagnosed with 2 conditions that I will be lumbered with for life.

I have GORD which is where the sphincter at the top of my stomach doesnt work properly anymore and sends acid up into my oesophagus. Because of the severity of the damage I have oesophagitis, basically my osophageus becomes ulcerated and agonising if I misbehave. Forgetting to take my medication for just 1 day makes this flare-up severely.

I have also ended up with chronic IBS, the gastroenterologist recorded me as a sample case as one of the worst examples he has ever seen. Basically my insides are rotten and without permanent medication, it all goes pear-shaped.

The last time it was horrendous was last september when I went on a monster bender of booze and lairy grub. My body couldnt handle it and neither could my heart deal with the strain it put on my body.

I ended up in a&e, pumped full of blood-thinning drugs because my ECG had started to record acute readings due to the strain.

All this because of the demon drink.

Now I drink in moderation, sensibly and only have the occassional blow-out.

The next time I am due a camera-job is august.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sounds pretty nasty. I have ibs through multiple episodes of food poisoning in China, so all is not good, however, cutting down on the booze would sound sensible. Only problem is, until you get a scare there is no real incentive (everyone thinks they will live forever), and as you know, one pint leads to another....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I thought I was invincible drinking 45-50 pints per week, getting up for work with no hangover etc. I thought there was the pub and the rest of the world revolved around it. I had warning signs (gout that got progressively worse with each episode, upset stomachs a lot of the the time) but just put it down to being stressed and run down. I'd take gout tablets and cut down for a week or so and then carry on. Wham. Home at lunchtime on the Monday throwing up a very strange colured bile. Pains around the heart (thought it was a heart attack) couldn't breathe.

HID called an ambulance. ECG was ok so they offered me a chance to go in or call my GP out after surgery. Struggled through the pain until the Dr came out. She took one look at me and called 999 herself. 2nd ambulance arrived and straight off with blues and twos. In the doors, straight through to CDU and wired to monitors, catheter fitted, tube down my nose into my stomach and fast tracked to empty the contents. Was told the day after my pancreas was about an hour from bursting (definite game over situation). Spent 3 and 1/2 weeks in hospital and another two months at home to get over it.

If you read this and do like a bevvy, curry and fry ups at least have a think about your lifestyle. You may decide it won't happen to you and I hope you are right but take it from one that knows, if you can make the changes do so before its too late.