Live Ryder Cup thread.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Butch is always pretty good, he recognises good golf regardless of who plays it.

Very true Val :thup:

He said earlier that he didn't think Europe had a change coming into day, and even apologised (Not needed IMO) when Europe sealed the win in Molinaris' match.

Class act as I said.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why sign Liverpool football songs at a golfing event?? Was there a scouser playing?

I do not see the connection.

Obviously though you will back your lot to the hilt,wrongly,but I understand why.

I'll chance Hail Hail at Muirfield next year and see how it goes.:mmm:

Come on Dodger, I'm not saying there is a Liverpool connection. I'm just saying that singing footy songs but making them into golf songs is great for our players. Ok,if they sung scouser tommy then fair enough.

The American fans are famous for singing U S A, nothing else, get in the hole, mashed potato - which is all crap.

The europeans are on away soil making a good noise, backing their players, and good luck to them. Look at the England cricket fans, just the same.

Enjoy yourself, you might like it. :0

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Come on Dodger, I'm not saying there is a Liverpool connection. I'm just saying that singing footy songs but making them into golf songs is great for our players. Ok,if they sung scouser tommy then fair enough.

The American fans are famous for singing U S A, nothing else, get in the hole, mashed potato - which is all crap.

The europeans are on away soil making a good noise, backing their players, and good luck to them. Look at the England cricket fans, just the same.

I fully understand the Europe Europe....USA USA stuff but what possible inspiration could a European golfer possibly take from 2 x Liverpool football songs?

Just a group of Scousers singing songs un-connected with the sport that they are watching because their mates may hear them back home on telly....that's the only reason they sung it.

If my mates sung the Celtic song at the Ryder Cup I'd tell them to shut the f up bunch of knobs.

T

thecraw

Fantastic performance from all the guys.
Maybe all you Lee and "Gay" haters will shut up now ......you know who you are!!

Hate is a strong word. Giving pelters does not equate to hate.

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

I don't get football songs at a golf match, can you explain a bit more in detail.

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I fully understand the Europe Europe....USA USA stuff but what possible inspiration could a European golfer possibly take from 2 x Liverpool football songs?

Just a group of Scousers singing songs un-connected with the sport that they are watching because their mates may hear them back home on telly....that's the only reason they sung it.

If my mates sung the Celtic song at the Ryder Cup I'd tell them to shut the f up bunch of knobs.

Not sure I believe you there Dodger:rofl:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

You'll never walk alone was sang by 70% of footy fans in the 70's, and was sung at the other wins by the crowd in 2004 and 2006. We'll be coming down the road's words were changed to the "european boys", so dont see the problem.

I think singing songs, be it footy "tunes" or not adds to the atmosphere. If you don't, that's up to you. Clapping politely is "old stuffy" golf to me, let the working classes in and let them enjoy it. Ok, like everything else, there's a line not to cross and I wouldn't want it to turn into aggressive songs, as long as it's in the right spirit, bring it on.

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You'll never walk alone was sang by 70% of footy fans in the 70's, and was sung at the other wins by the crowd in 2004 and 2006. We'll be coming down the road's words were changed to the "european boys", so dont see the problem.

I think singing songs, be it footy "tunes" or not adds to the atmosphere. If you don't, that's up to you. Clapping politely is "old stuffy" golf to me, let the working classes in and let them enjoy it. Ok, like everything else, there's a line not to cross and I wouldn't want it to turn into aggressive songs, as long as it's in the right spirit, bring it on.

Football songs have no place at a golf match, get a grip man........

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
Who is the Spanish lad that was sitting in the cart next to Jose?? It's definitely not one of the VCs...driving me nuts!