Live Ryder Cup thread.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was on the Today programme on Radio 4 this morning so it did happen. :clap:

Looking back and just thinking how close Ollie was to Seve, and having Seve's silhouette on the bag, and playing in navy and white, they just HAD to win.

I am so pleased for Ollie. He is a great guy and a fantastic ambassador for the game. If he had lost badly he would have been really hurt. You can see how much this meant to him and I'm so glad the guys came through for him. He already was a RC legend and that tops it off brilliantly. He'll never have to buy himself another drink.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Can I make a sensible comment...... O.K Thanks.

I'm very impressed with how impartial Butch Harmon has been on the coverage tonight. :thup:

Still giving a good performance in commentary now.

Class act IMO!!

He was indeed, best quote was when Bubba lost......."he (Bubba) can go back to what he does best......cheerleading"

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just got up. Did I miss something ? :D

Only kidding. What a night. Unbelievable. I was jumping around the front room like an absolute loon when Kaymer holed out.

Still got this stupid ass grin on my face this morning. They're going to hate me at work today. Checking my diary when I have my first call with the US
. Gloat, me, no :)

Even my GF said she couldn't believe they won. And she hates golf.

Well done guys. Truly inspirational stuff. What a game we play.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
After going to bed late listening to the golf I was up again at 3.50, drove 140 miles in driving rain and now have a full day of work ahead.

Totally worth it though!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Reading back from where I left it last night, I can't believe the thread descended into the same old petty squabbling from the usual culprits, this was one of the greatest days ever for golf and all you're interested in is scoring points off each other.

And don't claim it was banter, it was just sad.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
didn't get a chance to post last night as Mrs H was watching X-Factor on the IPad. I don't think I've ever been so nervous watching the TV, that was simply awesome.

I'm still not sure when it dawned on me that we might actually win, possibly Rosie's putt on 17 after Phil almost holed his chip but I had already decided that, regardless of the result, that was some of the most captivating TV I have ever seen. Speaking of Phil, watching him clap Rose's putt on 16 and giving him the thumbs up as he walked of the green shows the class of the man.

I have to be honest and say I was actually hoping it would end in a tie as I don't think either team deserved to lose.

Brilliant Stuff, absolutely brilliant.

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
Sure it's his 'Manager/Agent'.....never leaves Chema's side.

There was a massive fat guy smoking tabs sitting on the back of the cart but there was a youngish guy sitting with him, he also congratulated Molinari at the end with a spanish flag around his shoulders?

Thor

Club Champion
Visit site
Reading back from where I left it last night, I can't believe the thread descended into the same old petty squabbling from the usual culprits, this was one of the greatest days ever for golf and all you're interested in is scoring points off each other.

And don't claim it was banter, it was just sad.

Apologies last night Crow for the comments on the thread which may have seemed a bit sad.
The golf was so tense and exciting that the rate of alcohol consumption increased exponentially.

I think I rose to the bait too easily...it won't happen again I assure you.
Many congrats to the guys, it was possibly the best sporting event I've witnessed on TV.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There was a massive fat guy smoking tabs sitting on the back of the cart but there was a youngish guy sitting with him, he also congratulated Molinari at the end with a spanish flag around his shoulders?

Maybe his own caddy? He was up there partying with the caddies later.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Apologies last night Crow for the comments on the thread which may have seemed a bit sad.
The golf was so tense and exciting that the rate of alcohol consumption increased exponentially.

I think I rose to the bait too easily...it won't happen again I assure you.

Fair play to you pal :thup: