Live Ryder Cup thread.

upinsmoke

Club Champion
Visit site
But to be fair to Lee, I think the jockey comment was just acknowledging that he'd been carried for 18 holes. Poor show though.

upinsmoke

Club Champion
Visit site
I really don't think they can. I think Woods will get better but the rest will fade a bit. The standard dropped a bit as they went on.

I still think we can win this. Poulter needs to get back in it quick.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
The problem is, they dont have to play that well again. They won those 3 matches comfortably. They only need to play at 70% of todays play to contest each match. We REALLY need to up our game to compete..

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow that last match was absolutely gripping. Colsaerts was totally and utterly brilliant. Thought Tiger would make that last putt, it would have been so like him and the crowd would have gone nuts!

Great play by the Americans in the other matches. Their putting was sensational.

Westwood in for the foursomes again :confused:. He has to dig deep and find some form. Would rather have given Lawrie or Hanson a go as they didn't really have a chance to get going in the 4 balls and are both steady players.

Can't wait for this afternoon.
PS - Couldn't believe the decision for Westwood to hit first at 15 :confused: . Even in my club second team we know you let the big hitter go for it first! Where were the VCs? Lucky it didn't cost us.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
. Even in my club second team we know you let the big hitter go for it first! Where were the VCs? Lucky it didn't cost us.

Interesting, we always let the shorter guy ensure a ball safely in play first to allow the big hitter more confidence to go for it.

You mention the VC's, I've never seen any vc or captain rush onto a tee when he sees a wrong order or wrong club selection, don't think that's their job, it's more support and advice if asked IMO, funnily enough SWMBO asked also why they are not all over the players like footy managers are?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anything can happen today. Either side could brush the other in the first session. If they do us, we are done. but if we do them ...

Colsaerts was phenomenal, but it might be a lot to expect him to keep that up today. Likewise Westie could start to get his eye in (ducks as pigs fly past), and Woods will have time to speak to his agent, golf psychologist and work on his swing with Foley, and could come out hitting his little controlled fade or hitting it out of the county sideways. Who knows.

I am not surprised that DL3 dropped him, but I am equally not surprised the dropping was for the less TV-friendly morning session. He won't drop him for peak time viewing.

I think we will see Rory and GMac do better this morning. That loss yesterday must have burned them up.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
People forget we were 3 points clear last time gong into the singles and the Americans charged back at us, it can swing in a heartbeat but we need 2 good sessions today.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
its a given the USA are stronger in the singles, this is a key day today, Europe must catch up and be no worse than level by the end of the day, fingers crossed

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
its a given the USA are stronger in the singles, this is a key day today, Europe must catch up and be no worse than level by the end of the day, fingers crossed

They generally always are but only because we let them, if we are behind or level we have to go for it and no reason why our top men can't deliver