Lithium battery's new legislation

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Right then. Popped into golf support to buy a head cover for me odyssey putter. Anyway, whilst I was in there I noticed they had M series motocaddy 36 hole lithium battery's in for £186. I thought that's cheap. But then again I don't really know the price.
Anyway whilst surfing the net for prices I had a look on the golf support site re confirming the price, and they are showing a higher price on the site so ring if you want one but it also states that. " due to new EU legislation in April 2017, couriers can no longer transport lithium battery's". They have to be picked up from the shop. Bit of a bummer when you are shopping around for the cheapest price Nd you have to drive 200 miles to pick it up.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
This why the Post Office asks you now what you have in a package, they especially mention batteries?

D

Deleted member 15344

Thought it was issues with them being carried on airplanes - if they can't be carried by carriers then how will Motocaddy deliver them ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Thought it was issues with them being carried on airplanes - if they can't be carried by carriers then how will Motocaddy deliver them ?

To be honest phil, when I read it on there site my first thought was if you have to pick them up from the shop. How do they get there in the first place.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
To be honest phil, when I read it on there site my first thought was if you have to pick them up from the shop. How do they get there in the first place.

Even if they were classed as hazardous, which at present they are not, they'd simply be shipped on a haz plated vehicle and certified driver.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
In a compartmented vehicle approved for carrying dangerous goods, I would guess.

Which I said earlier, TNT have compartments on some of their vehicles which have haz-pak drivers so it's no big issue, it eoukd certainly take them away from general online sales though.

D

Deleted member 16999

Which I said earlier, TNT have compartments on some of their vehicles which have haz-pak drivers so it's no big issue, it eoukd certainly take them away from general online sales though.
Thought he'd missed your post.

D

Deleted member 15344

The regulations came in this April 1st - and it's in Regards carriage by air of lithium ION batteries

http://www.lloydsloadinglist.com/fr...m-ion-battery-deadline/65990.htm#.WGQsLoHfWEc

There is also EU regulations in Regards carrying batteries on roads but have been in force since 2013 and it's all in regards the amount being carried.

I don't think we have anything to be worried about in regards getting delivery of a lithium battery for our trolley

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you see anyone in your local shopping center strapped full of them, sweating, and muttering to themselves, I'd suggest running in the opposite direction as fast as you can.

:thup:

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Right then. Popped into golf support to buy a head cover for me odyssey putter. Anyway, whilst I was in there I noticed they had M series motocaddy 36 hole lithium battery's in for £186. I thought that's cheap. But then again I don't really know the price.
Anyway whilst surfing the net for prices I had a look on the golf support site re confirming the price, and they are showing a higher price on the site so ring if you want one but it also states that. " due to new EU legislation in April 2017, couriers can no longer transport lithium battery's". They have to be picked up from the shop. Bit of a bummer when you are shopping around for the cheapest price Nd you have to drive 200 miles to pick it up.

In a way the problem is nothing to do with planes........but if a lith battery explodes in a plane it can bring it down...no such issue if it on the ground.

Lith batteries should be discharged before shipping and the main issue is usually the PCM Protection Circuit Module, a device that stops lith batteries overcharging and overheating. Usually if there's an issue it comes from that area. Lith batteries also need different chargers, so watch. Production, manufacturing is also very critical requiring a super clean work place.

In short if you send a fully charged lith battery and something goes wrong then it can go wrong big time. If its discharged then its much safer. Most lith batteries are shipped around the world.....that's by sea. Even then they only have a percentage of charge.

I've been testing Lith batteries for a couple of years now and they are perfectly safe if handled, transported, charged and used properly. In saying that, I've just replaced my trolley with a lead acid.