Literary Fame

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone ever had their club ever mentioned in a novel ( fiction, that is )??
Have just seen that place I'm at -Fereneze G.C. in Barrhead gets mentioned ( with a few nice words about the views, the course, the clubhouse--and the truculence of the secretary:rolleyes::eek:) gets a few pages devoted to it in the latest from Alex Gray-'Before The Storm'-a really decent read!!
Can't tell you if it was a current member found dead on the course ( although can think of a couple who would qualify :whistle:)-you'll need to buy/ borrow the book!!

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone ever had their club ever mentioned in a novel ( fiction, that is )??
Have just seen that place I'm at -Fereneze G.C. in Barrhead gets mentioned ( with a few nice words about the views, the course, the clubhouse--and the truculence of the secretary:rolleyes::eek:) gets a few pages devoted to it in the latest from Alex Gray-'Before The Storm'-a really decent read!!
Can't tell you if it was a current member found dead on the course ( although can think of a couple who would qualify :whistle:)-you'll need to buy/ borrow the book!!
I think West Byfleet is named in War of the Worlds it’s certainly all set in that area.