Lincolnshire courses - Skegness area

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Going to be off work in a couple of weeks and will be staying in Lincolnshire near Skegness on the first week of August for a couple of days with the plan being to get a few rounds in and trying some new courses (I'm from Manchester area). Would be within about 30-40 mins drive of Skegness that I was looking for.

So, can anyone recommend any courses in that area?

Max green fee of about £40 unless there are any crazy good deals

Thanks

Last edited:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
You have a choice of 2 in Skegness. Seacroft is a top-class links with £50 rack rate but cheaper from 2 onwards, and there may be a deal available. North Shore is a very quirky half parkland/half links but is enjoyable - £20/30 will get you a game. Inland there are 2 courses at Louth - Louth GC and Kenwick Park, both well worth playing.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
You have a choice of 2 in Skegness. Seacroft is a top-class links with £50 rack rate but cheaper from 2 onwards, and there may be a deal available. North Shore is a very quirky half parkland/half links but is enjoyable - £20/30 will get you a game. Inland there are 2 courses at Louth - Louth GC and Kenwick Park, both well worth playing.

Yeah I've just seen the seacroft one for £50 and decided I'm stretching to that because it looks great. Definitely giving it a go.

Seen the north shore one too, that was a maybe

Hadn't seen the other 2 so will look into those, thanks

D

Deleted member 17920

Going to be off work in a couple of weeks and will be staying in Lincolnshire near Skegness on the first week of August for a couple of days with the plan being to get a few rounds in and trying some new courses (I'm from Manchester area). Would be within about 30-40 mins drive of Skegness that I was looking for.

So, can anyone recommend any courses in that area?

Max green fee of about £40 unless there are any crazy good deals

Thanks
Are you on your own?

Seacroft is defo worth doing.

North shore gets packed so if you are own your own asked to be paired up.

Louth Kenwick and Rasen are all worth playing for under £40.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Are you on your own?

Seacroft is defo worth doing.

North shore gets packed so if you are own your own asked to be paired up.

Louth Kenwick and Rasen are all worth playing for under £40.

Yeah it would be just me. Family are going anyway with space in accommodation so while I've got the time off I'm planning on going for a couple of nights for a few rounds as a bit of a quiet stress free (depending on how badly I play ?) break.

Seacroft looks like a definite, with a cheaper course the day before as a warm up

Golfnut1957

Visit site
By coincidence we are going on our annual golf trip in September are are planning to play North Shore, Seacroft and Market Rasen which all look like good courses, unfortunately I can't comment on any of them, yet.

However I have played Kenwick. It was ok. It reminded me of Wynyard, modern, big greens, fairly open, very windy on the day. I seem to remember that the biggest disappointment was the clubhouse which was a country house that was not geared up for golfers.

The best course that I have played down there was Lincoln GC. Great course and could not be more friendly and accommodating.

Robin Hood

Visit site
If you are driving past Lincoln to Skegness then have a look at playing at
Pottergate Golf Club.
It’s a very quirky 9 hole course that you play twice - our society loved it.before moving on to North Shore.
The breakfast was the best ever.

North Shore is a decent course but the hotel is a little dated - however the staff and food were good.

Av-it

Visit site
Played both last Sept :)
North Shore definitely quirky but I enjoyed it.
Seacroft is great, which I'm playing again this Sept. Can be a challenge when the wind is up. On the Par 3 10th, I had a driver off the tee, smashed it and was still short of the green :eek:

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Played both last Sept :)
North Shore definitely quirky but I enjoyed it.
Seacroft is great, which I'm playing again this Sept. Can be a challenge when the wind is up. On the Par 3 10th, I had a driver off the tee, smashed it and was still short of the green :eek:

FW off the tee and keep it low for me then haha

Not that I'm a big hitter, but can control the height more with that than driver and hopefully take the wind out of it

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Going for Seacroft, Louth, and then Longley Park near Huddersfield on the way back.

May find another for tomorrow when I arrive depending on time.

Thanks for suggestions guys ?