Lewis Hamilton MBE

Clansman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Totally agree with you smiffy - he needs to win it more before he should be entitled to even be thought of for an MBE.

Now a Knighthood for Chris Hoy, totally deserved imho.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
TBH I really don't care. All this honours stuff leaves me cold. Sir Mick Jagger say's it all. What ever he has acieved was done for himself, and then he gets a Knighthood. Yes, if they are being doshed out then Chris Hoy is as deserving as the next, but he hasn't finished his career yet either. What next? I am still waiting for Sir David Beckham.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I cant go into this subject and the why's and wherefor's because to me there is a lot more to it than the fact lewis won something! And when I think of many of the reasons it makes me vomit. When I look at whats happening in Iraq and Afghanestan and the world economy, I cant believe people are more interested in lavishing awards all over a f****** racing driver. I have nothing personal against the lad, just the politics and b****x that surrounds him.

He doesnt deserve it yet, he hasnt earned it in my view.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
He doesnt deserve it yet, he hasnt earned it in my view.

Same with bringing out an autobiography at the age of 21.
If he were 72 it might have something interesting in there to read about.
But 21????
The youngster is still pooping green

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree with all the other opinions here. The honours used to be dished out to people who had dedicated their whole life to their chosen profession. Now it seems that any lucky bugger can be a Dame. Kelly Holmes had a wonderful achievement at Athens but she hardly set the heather on fire before or after did she? I would love to see more deserving people get the recognition they deserve.

flandango

Head Pro
Visit site
Hamilton is like a young mike tyson......A money making, publicity machine for himself and everyone around him.

I personally don't mind...he does what he does well...DRIVES CARS. His team are there to look after him and that involves making him money and building Lewis Hamilton 'the brand' that will make him and his family money long after he has finished racing.

I can see more people deserving of an MBE however. As said...David Beckham looks to be a great sportsman, family man and business man. A true brit for kids to look up to.

Something I would have said about Stevie Gerrard a few weeks ago!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hamilton is like a young mike tyson......A money making, publicity machine for himself and everyone around him.

I personally don't mind...he does what he does well...DRIVES CARS. His team are there to look after him and that involves making him money and building Lewis Hamilton 'the brand' that will make him and his family money long after he has finished racing.

I can see more people deserving of an MBE however. As said...David Beckham looks to be a great sportsman, family man and business man. A true brit for kids to look up to.

Something I would have said about Stevie Gerrard a few weeks ago!

Gerrard was a bit of a surprise for me, I hope there is enough 'more to it' for me to support him, but at the moment Im waiting for the details to come out, Im not impressed though.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I bet Rebecca Addlington is a bit peeved. Kelly Holmes wins 2 and gets a Dame, Rebecca wins 2 and gets an MBE?

How does that work?

Don't agree with either but that's a different story.

Didn't see any golfing honours again................

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've no real interest these days who is or isn't made an MBE OBE or any thing else, as the whole honours system these days is a mochery, pure & simple.

Infact barely worth a comment on who is or isn't a knight.

Just got this mental picture of Hamilton walking out of the pits to his car in some 14th C armour... Now that just made me laugh.