Lessons - Time to commit

5OTT

Visit site
Anyone have any recommendations for lessons around the Stockport / Manchester area?

I have played between 14 and 18 for the last 20 years but would love to get down to 12, circumstances now mean that I have more time available to practice and I really want to put the work in over the coming months ready go next season. I feel my main issue is my mid irons as I can generally get away off the tee with good distance, chipping and putting I feel to be steady but could improve but my weakness tends to be that 100 - 180 range with my second shot, I generally only hit 2 or 3 greens in regulation each round and this is leading to lots of missed opportunities.

Open to any suggestions people may have.

G1z1

Visit site
That YouTube guy rick shields is from Manchester, if I lived in Manchester thats who i would get.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Weakness tends to be 100-180 screams to me that you have issues with pretty much all your irons.

Do yourself a favour and buy a couple of high lofted hybrids and put them in the bag.

7 and 5 hybrid or even 6 and 4 hybrid.

You can literally make the game easier and more fun the next time you peg it up.

5OTT

Visit site
Weakness tends to be 100-180 screams to me that you have issues with pretty much all your irons.

Do yourself a favour and buy a couple of high lofted hybrids and put them in the bag.

7 and 5 hybrid or even 6 and 4 hybrid.

You can literally make the game easier and more fun the next time you peg it up.

The longest iron I carry in the bag is a 6 iron now, I use 3,4 &5 hybrids and do find these quite easy to hit.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I would say the biggest flaw I have is fatting the ball, I have a really bad habit of not only staying on my back foot but also dipping in my swing.

Taking the divot isn't the problem, as long as it's after the ball.
Try this drill below.
You might want to replace the back ball with a rolled up towel or head cover.
It will encourage you to get off your back foot.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
In terms of fatting the ball - my suggestion is to practice swinging as if you're you're playing baseball. Of course like in golf, they all swing their bats a bit differently. The one thing they all do though is get their weight forward before impact.