Lescott £24 million ?

mono217

Journeyman Pro
i707.photobucket.com
Lescott £24 million ?

Are you for real yes hes good but no were near that high in price maximum 14 million absolute mugs city there are better players for less off a price :D

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mono, you could argue is there services of a football player even worth £1million?

Just think how much money 1 million pounds (not even getting started on 24) is and you'll soon realise that the amount has no relevance to anything outside of football.

At the end of the day actual worth is determined by exactly how much somebody is prepared to pay for it.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
When City have got more money than they need, they've got to start getting some players that they want, or at least say they want.

They couldn't afford NOT to get him. Everton did some good business, but unless they get someone as good or better by the end of the week, they're going to struggle.

Everton are realistically looking for Europe at the end of the season. At the moment that's a loooong way away.

mono217

Journeyman Pro
i707.photobucket.com
everton fan are we mono ?

bet you would have been happy if he didn't want to go .....

Liverpool fan I just think its a joke we payed £23 million for torres and hes world class but £24 million for a centre back who is not the best of them.

bluenose10

Assistant Pro
www.collingtreeparkgolf.com
What a great bit of business for Everton, he is not even a good defender and definately shouldn't be in contention for an England place. . . i would have tried to get Richard Dunne or Even Tal Ben Haim thrown in with the deal though as Moyes has left himself short of time to get a replacement. . . Though everyone respects that Moyes held off for so long it was inevitable he was going to go and now he is up against it to get a replacement

MarkS

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What a great bit of business for Everton, he is not even a good defender and definately shouldn't be in contention for an England place. . . i would have tried to get Richard Dunne or Even Tal Ben Haim thrown in with the deal though as Moyes has left himself short of time to get a replacement. . . Though everyone respects that Moyes held off for so long it was inevitable he was going to go and now he is up against it to get a replacement

Thing that galls me is that Lecottt said he didnt want to play against Arsenal - when we only had 2 fit centre-halves, taht is churlish and un-professional.
That said we should NOT be in the poition where we startd teh season with only 2 centre halves. I blame Moyes for that.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Where are they going to play him? Centre half? Can't see it myself.

Richard Dunne is captain (even though he's pony) & Toure will be their centre back pairing when fit so i assume they will play him at left back,unless of course Hughes takes the captaincy off Dunne,which i can't see happening.

I went to Eastlands at the weekend (missus is a City fan) & Defense isn't their priority from what i saw. Despite spending £90 odd million on attacking players,they still couldn't stick the ball in the net. Must've had 7 GOOD chances in 1st half alone. Against Better teams than Wolves,they will be punished.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think he'll play Dunne and Lescott in the centre and maybe drop Toure into a full back role. He might even go for 3 centre backs and have one in front to protect the back 4. He won't take the captaincy off Dunne but I guess the only othe roption is a rotation syatem which personally I disagree with particularly in defence where a good understanding is paramount

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm a lifelong Blue, and whilst I'm not happy he is going I think it is good business, especially if he wants away. Thanks a lot and goodbye.

Just hope Moyes has been doing some back room dealing whilst posturing to City.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
A good bit of business by Everton, Man city have bought another average player for a vastly inflated price.

Working on the old theory that the best footballers are fugly then surely he must be one of england's finest ?